RC Qualifier

Long travel rockers.

I am about to be getting a new Revo 3.3 5309 soon and i would like to use the LT rockers. I only plan on bashing this truck so i was wondering if the LT rockers would even be good for bashing? I know i will need to upgrade to Summit drive shafts, But are the LT rockers even worth useing?
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    All i do is bash with my Revo too. Ive only ever used the stock rockers and dont have a problem. Then again i dont try to fly my Revo like it has wings either lol. My LT rockers are still in the original seal package. Id say try the stock rockers for a gallon or 2 after break in and then try long travel for a gallon or 2. I think it really depends on your terrain and your driving style. The one up grade i did do and like alot is the sway bars. I dont flip my Revo over nearly as much with the lateral G's as i use to.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    when u first get it for brackin it in just use stock rockers so it dosnt roll over on u iv used the long travel rockers allot for ...... flying my revo like it has wings and i love them only down side is if u put rpm true track on u cant use long travel or have rpm carriers same things ... so ur kinda stuck using the stock carriers but i havnt brook any yet just rounded out around pivot balls a little ... and i never had to change my drive shafts the stock ones worked with long travel for me if u get the metal traxxas drive shafts and plan on using long travel ull have to get the longer rear inner cup i brook 2 shafts befor learning that only other down side to long travle is she tips over allot ... i use the stock rockers and bash around and im still fine plus it handles better may not be able to crawl over rock piles and stuff or up steps like u can with long travel but put it on slot 2 or 3 and u can jump the crap outa it and still be good just have to play with ur shocks a bit .... tires help a bit with all the jumping as well

RC Champion
    Truck is really tip happy with the long travel rockers.
    I had them on 2 of my revos, nice off road but rolls very easy on pavement.
    Don't brake and turn at the same time on high traction surfaces.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info guys, I did not thing it would roll over alot more with the LT rockers. In that case i think i will just keep the stock rockers. Dose the revo come with an extra set of stiffer springs? I know the E-Revo did.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, I did not thing it would roll over alot more with the LT rockers. In that case i think i will just keep the stock rockers. Dose the revo come with an extra set of stiffer springs? I know the E-Revo did.
    i think so, same as the e-revo (blue & red?)
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

No progressive rate with LT rockers...IMO you better off using P1 or P2 rockers...as said above it rolls easier .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    i use stock springs yet with the stock travel just put some 50 weight shock oil in ur shocks and play with ur pre load a bit u should be fine iv jumped mine at skate parks over 10 feet lands and rides away and dosnt bottom out ether.. slot 3 on stock travel btw.. slot 2 i can do a good 5 to 6 feet and be fine iv also got big joes so im sure that helps a bit being that its such a big tire but i love um for bashing but jumping on long travel is a blast its worth it to do but only if ur gunna just go straight and jump lol once u decide to turn at high speed shes on her back its a fun option to have and worth busting out every once and a while but u defiantly will go back to stock and most likely be more happy over all with that..
    Last edited by jordankeis; 01-13-2013 at 10:31 AM.