RC Racer

Just a shout out for the brushed!

I bought my revo second hand an it already had a big block in it. Honestly I don't see the point. I bought this little truck to run in smaller areas so the big torque doesn't get put to use. I still love the truck but honestly am considering swapping for a V system so it doesn't draw so much power.

On to the reason for this thread. originally bought a mini gravedigger for my son for Christmas. The ESC burnt up Christmas day after about 15 min. Traxxas took care of the issue and last night was the first run! It was surpringly quick, decent speed, and handled OK. I can't wait to make it 4wd but honestly I see no reason to go brushless especially for his truck any time soon.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Brushed is better at low speeds than brushless. Some people are speed demons and some could care less!

RC Racer
    And this little truck with a 540 motor is fairly fast. Honestly 15-20 mph is about all you can generaly use on anything besides flat, open pavement.

I am all for brushless but there certainly is no shame in a brushed truck of today! Especialy in 1/16th scale.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had brushed back when the original e maxx came out with nickle cadmium batteries! After one 40ft pass it would slow now is much better!

RC Racer
    I had an emaxx but with nimh and they wern't bad. Never ran it on lipos but I usualy broke it with in the 2 pairs of packs I had anyhow so no need for longer battery life.