RC Champion

Losi Zombie Max Tire Removal

I tried boiling my Zombie Max tires to remove them from RPM Stablemaxx rims but couldnt get the inner bead to separate from the rim. Boiled them for 20 minutes then slowly up to 45 minutes on just one side. But they didnt budge. I'd rather not bake them because Nitronaught once said his Zombies warped from baking them. Any other method other than acetone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Qualifier
    afraid not and the baking method stinks of something fierce i been using acetone since i started in rc 3yrs ago only been through 2 bottles if you get a large bowl with a lid fill if halfway up with fish tank rocks and acetone and let the tires sit in it the rocks don't do anything but take up space to save on acetone

Quote Originally Posted by TRXnewbie21 View Post
    I tried boiling my Zombie Max tires to remove them from RPM Stablemaxx rims but couldnt get the inner bead to separate from the rim. Boiled them for 20 minutes then slowly up to 45 minutes on just one side. But they didnt budge. I'd rather not bake them because Nitronaught once said his Zombies warped from baking them. Any other method other than acetone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Did you let the tires cool when you tried to break the bead free? Don't do it while warm/hot... PRobably repeating myself but so many try this and it's not necessary... The glue should become brittle when it cools and then with a little work they should come away from the bead....

If there's a better way (baking isn't the way IMHO with soft compound tires)....

Acetone works fine nail polish remover but it will take the metal finish off of the plastic rims...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...