RC poster

Anyone racing the new LCG Slash 6804r?

Is anyone racing the new Slash 6804R? Is it race worthy, or would a Losi SCTE or TA SC10 or Durango DESC 410 be a better option?

RC Qualifier
    I'd like to know how the new 13mm gtr shocks are holding up?

RC Champion
    I might do a little racing tomorrow night with mine. My truck's not in peak race condition, but it still does soooo much better than the previous model slash.

The new chassis is still plastic, unlike other brand trucks that have an aluminum LCG chassis. That aluminum is heavy, and really lowers the COG even more. The slash is lighter than other brands, so maybe adding an aluminum skid plate to the bottom would help get that COG down further. Bottom line though, the new slash 4x4 platinum/ultimate just needs different motor, esc, and tires to be competitive. I bet if you handed the best drivers a fully race-tuned LCG slash, they'd do almost, if not just as well.

The GTR shocks have been fantastic so far. Silky smooth. I'd recommend them over the big bores.

RC Champion
    Oh, you asked how they're holding up. I've had no problems in almost a month, and that includes heavy bashing and jumps as high as 20 feet. They're still as smooth as the first day. The lower spring cups haven't popped off once yet either.

I did put 45w oil in them, as the stock 30w was very soft/plush.

RC Competitor
    JWS- how do you have one already?!
    I didnt even know they were actually released yet... it could be because your in the states.. Reppin oh, oh oh CANADA!

My lhs doesnt even know when they are going to get the new ultimate slash... said "probs by the end of the month or so"

RC Champion
    Yeah, I've had it for about a month now. I picked up a slash 4x4 ultimate LCG roller off eBay, because no local shops had them.

Here's the setup:

Slash 4x4 Ultimate LCG roller
    GTR shocks
    JConcepts F150 Raptor body
    Castle Mamba Max Pro (water-resistant via liquid electrical tape)
    Losi 2800kv motor (Castle-made)
    Traxxas 2075 servo
    Pro-Line Trencher SC tires
    3S 5000mAh 30C LiPo

I ran it last night at Thunder RC in Nashville. The LCG chassis makes all the difference in the world. It's not quite as good as those with aluminum plates on the bottom, just because of the super-low COG the aluminum provides. However, it's about as good as a plastic LCG chassis gets.

There's a good double-triple at that track, which I landed short, directly on the chassis, plenty of times. We raced and bashed for 4 hours. I only broke a driveshaft piece, and that was trying to do a backflip off a small jump.

The truck was planted, predictable, stable, so much more than the regular 4x4. My speed on every section of the track was increased.

The GTR shocks have been great for me. I still haven't put them to a true test of tuned racing the with best tires and setup. But, for everything I have done with them, they've been some of the best shocks I've used. As for durability, I don't worry about having an issue with any piece of them.

RC Competitor
    Jws thats wicked!

good to hear!
    keep us posted with how you are feeling about your truck please!
    Im sure everyone would love the updates aswell!

RC poster
    I have ran mine 4 times out at the track making mods each time. Track is indoor clay with one large jump and several smaller jumps. Here is my current setup...

Traxxas Rally converted to a Slash 4x4 LCG
    GTR Shocks 40wt front 60wt rear
    White with double black stripe sprigs
    JCC Barcode Green Compound tires
    Stock Velineon Motor, speed control and receiver
    Bluebird BMS-631MG Super Fast Servo
    VG Racing Center Chassis Brace
    Onyx 5000mAh 25C Lipo

One thing to mention to anyone looking to race the LCG Slash is you must have a chassis brace if you dont want to snap the chassis at the bulkhead. It's a very common issue. So far though the truck has performed really well keeping up with all the other trucks. My next move is to replace the motor, speed control and receiver.