Thread: QR-1 glitching

RC Enthusiast

QR-1 glitching

My qr-1 glitches if I get around 75 t0 100 feet in the air and by glitches I mean the motors power on and off making it impossible to control and eventually brings it crashing to the ground. It hit the ground so hard today that it threw the battery out and it landed about 10 feet away from the copter and to my surprise no damage was done just wondering if anyone else is having this problem

RC Competitor
    i did and called traxxas and they told me to send it in

so it is worth a call to 1888 traxxas

My first thought would be to replace the transmitter batteries. If they are weak you may just be flying out of range.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah that is exactly what it acts like but changing the batteries did not help I also switched locations thinking their may be some interference from high voltage lines near my home and that did not seem to help

RC Racer
    100 feet? that is pretty high. that is like a 9 to 10 story building. not sure what the range is on these things but since ive only flown in inside my house ive never had it more than 20-25 feet away, but i wouldn't have thought it would have that kind of range anyway. it must be nothing but a dot in the sky at that height.
    Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!

RC Qualifier
    Was thinking the same thing as clmarek. Can you even see it at 100 feet high? What are you trying to achive at that height? The 2.4 is pretty strong but the bird itself probably doesnt have a RX as strong as say full RX in a truck....

RC Enthusiast
    Well if I was driving a t maxx I would be trying to see how fast it would go so just makes since to me if I am flying a helicopter to see how high I can go 75 to 100 feet is high for its size but I have other helis that go higher than that with no problems

I'd say that a true 100 feet is at the limit of its range.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    I guess everything has its limits no way to tell exactly how far up before it glitches thats why I said 75 to 100 I have seen video on youtube that claims 100 feet with no problems but mine will not stay in the air that high

100 feet!!!! Grab your binoculars!!!! No way could I see that tiny thing that far away or that high....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous