RC poster

Telemetry in the Summit

How many have the full telemetry set up in your summit? I do and was wondering if anyone else noticed that the speed is only calculated for 2nd gear, wouldn't it be nice if traxxas could add an update to the app that would allow it to know if you were in 1st or 2nd gear and adjust the pre programmed gear ratios to show the correct speed?

RC Qualifier
    How much did it cost to get the docking for the remote and all of the telemetry?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC poster
    I agree with you completely. I was surprised that this isn't an easy fix. Hopefully with the next app update they can fix it. So far I am Luke warm on the telemetry value.

RC poster
    Dock was $70 plus tax. Sensors were +/- $35 plus tax. Took about 1.5 hours to install all of them and there are instructions to get you 80% there. Glad I had good help from the local Hobby Town as I am a new at all of this.

RC Racer
    Would you buy it again?

I use a Android phone...

And you cant use the latest iPhone either, as it dosnt have the right connector.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You can with an adapter.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

I have temp and voltage installed on mine.Im going to get a older iPod touch to use just for it.the docking base is a nice feature,Not really needed on a summit but the adjustments are so much easier than count the flashing lights.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    I have been waiting for everything to get here to install my telemetry on mine, it finally here. I am going to put telemetry on both my Summit and Slayer Pro just haven't got around to installing them yet (procrastination). Both of my vehicle are TQ 2.4and just keep coming up excuses to put it off until I have good instructions but I am getting the felling that am going to just have to experiment until I get it right.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    For the summit I feel it should be more unique. Speed is not of great importance, crawling around does not increase temperatures greatly, voltage is good to know but its just not enough to make me buy the entire system plus an ipod.

BUT

If they ( or someone) could add software a parts more geared towards the summit or off- road vehicles in general I would go for it.

Im talking diff/ 4x4/ low gear status display. Positional or gps display, and it about time for traxxas to start adding fpv to its vehicles. And the summit seems to be the perfect and the most popular vehicle for this. Its not costly. I just purchased a 10 inch helicopter that has built in fpv that sends video to my smart phone all for less than $130

Heck even those cheap "Spy Gear" vehicles sells a truck and a tank with color fpv camera and 1 monocle video eyeglasses for around $80 ( entire truck, remote and video system)
    Last edited by noir 522; 01-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    this is the kinda stuff I would like to see as a display for the summit

MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE