RC Competitor

Stability Problems (QR-1)

No matter what I do, I cannot get the QR-1 to stay stable. I have reset the gyro, and recalibrated it on the most level surface I know of. I even turned off the air conditioning and closed all of the doors and windows and it still won't fly right. It has done this since I first got it, and it hasn't been in any major crashes. Any tips?
    Last edited by TheBlakester419; 01-10-2013 at 05:42 PM.

What condition are your blades in? From what I have seen just about all Quads are very stable but also very finicky if the blades are not in very good condition. If you have not replaced your blades that is the first place to start.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Traxxas Employee
    I would change the blades out, it sounds like you may have bent a prop.

RC Competitor
    blades are in perfect condition

RC Qualifier
    Maybe sure all the arms are popped in fully and that all the motors are pushed into their respective slots fully

RC Competitor
    everything is good

RC Qualifier
    Check to see if any debris is caught in the motor between the blade and if everything spins freely.

RC Competitor
    None of mine will stay perfectly still after extensive trimming without control inputs. Can you describe what you mean by not stable?

RC Racer
    mine is the same, only have a couple packs in it before the motors seized but it would not hover without constant corrections even after recal.

RC Competitor
    I might be wrong but I think it's a little optimistic to expect one to hover without control inputs. It shouldn't take much and mine don't need much once trimmed. But they do drift around some and require constant inputs to remain still. No motor or blade failures through probably 25 or 30 charges now.

RC Racer
    it will not stay in a 2'x2' area for more than a second without constant corrections, quads are stable and should hover very easily. my mcpx has no trouble staying still

RC Competitor
    Mine will not stay in a 2' area for very long either without constant inputs. I've reset and retrimmed several times. I have two and they both drift around without input but are not hard to control. I assumed this was normal as I've never owned a quad before. So you are saying a quad should go up and hover with throttle only and no other inputs?

RC Racer
    no but mine requires constant adjustments. you should be able to get a quad to stay in a relative area fairly easy but these are so small they are really touchy

IF a prop has been bent but has bent back sometimes the plastic of the propr has lost it's strength and will flex while applying thrust. This would make for very unstable flight with a quad...

How about your sensitivity, if it is set to being very sensitive it can make controlling the quad a bit tricky.

Also if the battery is shifting at all ot not mounted well this will make it hard to stay stable.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I feel like the slightest bend in the blade causes excess noise and unstableness... as soon as I put some new ones on, it lessened a lot of the noise and shakiness
    Just can't get enough....

RC Racer
    its not the blades they were brand new. i currently have a blade mcpx, sr120, msr and a trex 600. so i know how to fly and what to expect