RC Enthusiast

ball joint dust covers

hi
    i just finished putting on a new set of rpm a arms front and back on my 3.3 but im having some trouble
    with the axle carrier hitting the a arm when trying to turn right.
    are the ball joint dust covers essential? would it be ok if i just sprayed wd40 in there?

RC Competitor
    can you post a pic of the issue? As for wd-40 that might end up attracting more dust and turn it into a muddy paste in there.

RC Qualifier
    You can use a dry silicon spray like moo slick. The covers will keep debris from wearing out the parts quicker. Sand grinds down to dust against metal and will eventually sand the components down and create slop.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for the imput, Ive actually figured out that i had the ball joints to tight so when i tried to steer the axle carriers were
    hitting the a arms

RC Racer
    also ..., if u have rmp carriers as well u cant run ur truck with long travel or it will bind like that as well .. my first set of rpm carriers i didnt read before installing and ya totally rounded them out and had to get new ones. just thought id mention it idk if u have rpm carriers or not but just a good thing to know i think good luck

RC Enthusiast
    i actually have strc carriers but i think i might have had my ball joints to tight, i loosened them off and it has helped a lot
    but now they seen to have a fair bit of play, but there ok.

RC Racer
    ya u dont want them to lose that there is slop but u dont want it to tight they dont move gotta futs a little to get it just right if found

RC Champion
    Adjust your pillow balls without the shocks attached to get a better feel of free movement.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods