RC poster

Question extreme rc mods pipe worth it for the t-maxx?

im thinkn about purchasing a extreme rc mod pipe n case i dont win the free one from rcnitrotalk.com but wanted to no if it was worth the price?

RC Champion
    Yea it's for sure worth the price. I'm running a BB side bleed on my picco and it made a big difference

By you say pipe and case what do you mean

RC Competitor
    For the price I would rather buy 3 different pipes from other places and try them all out.

RC Competitor
    An update to my last post.

I have tried the following combinations:
    Stock header Blue single channel pipe (runs a clean powerband but slacking on top)
    MIP Header blue single channel pipe (not much difference from above)
    stock header Black sirio pipe (runs a little slow on the low side but extremely fast on top end, makes truck run lean and heat up)

****Stock header with Chrome dual channel trx pipe (most bottom-mid range i have ever seen yet)
    with this combination I added a Motorsaver air filter and I flipped my truck several times not realizing how much bottom end this would give me. This is my vote. Picked it up for 25$ on ebay plus the air filter for like 15$ and some extra filters for a few more dollars. Top end is about the same as the single channel from what I can tell on the first tank running.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshObrien View Post
    with this combination I added a Motorsaver air filter and I flipped my truck several times not realizing how much bottom end this would give me. This is my vote. Picked it up for 25$ on ebay plus the air filter for like 15$ and some extra filters for a few more dollars. Top end is about the same as the single channel from what I can tell on the first tank running.

When you made these comparisons where they ALL using the Motorsaver filter? Same fuel? Same time of year and weather? Same Glow plug?

All of these factors come into play when comparing and tuning these pipes.... Very hard to get an overall consensus when doing these comparisons... When I did mine I had as little variables as possible... But I race on the track and I wanted morelower end and mid rpm power more than pure top speed.

There's not 1 pipe combination that gives you the best of low and high performance. The DC pipe gives a happy middle..
    As far as the Extreme RC pipes... I"ve not heard anyone complaining about them. I do hear good things but the have certain pipes setup to perform certain ranges...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Competitor
    All those comparisons were with the same setup. Also each comparison of course needed its tune to be adjusted. These readings were all within 240-260. The sirio pipe ran 300 if WOT for too long too many times. All tests without truck body on.
    Byrons 20% nitro
    Stock traxxas plug
    Same 75-80 hot and humid south Florida weather
    Stock trx air filter
    And all done within 1.5 week time span.

The dual channel pipe is the only one I added the motorsaver on to this week. Prior to the motorsaver I saw much more aggressive low-mid range acceleration. With the addition of the motorsaver I couldn't keep the front end down.
    Last edited by JoshObrien; 01-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.

I will personally vouch for the ERCM pipes as being a very high quality product that performs as advertised.
    A little expensive some would say, but it depends on how you look at it. You don’t get that type of quality workmanship and performance cheaply.
    For a few extra dollars Robin will make it look good also.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Competitor
    I had the MIP header and an older THS pipe on 3.3 an it ripped. Never tried ERCM pipes. Almost bought one for my hpi truggy but cudnt bring myself to spend $130. I like THS pipes myself
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7