RC Competitor

Unhappy QR-1 flying great but.........

Where are the blades ?!?!

Seriously, this thing is super stable and expert mode makes this thing very responsive.... I just wish Traxxas would ramp up replacement part manufacturing.

Maybe they could hold back shipping additional QR-1s and sell those blades to those who already have one, but we know that will not happen.

Does Traxxas normally sell new models without a proper spare parts supply ?

RC Qualifier
    I have 4 packs of blades arriving today. Purchased them off of ebay for a killer price. Just look around on the other hobby sites or your local hobby store. What parts are you looking for?

My LHS just got it's second shipment of replacement blades for the QR-1. I am not sure where you are looking but the blades have been available for a few weeks now.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Hmm, interesting.....
    I have contacted most of the larger online stores and they are all on back order....

Even Traxxas told me they were out of blades and should have some in the next month or so.

It is very obvious that they do not have the parts out there that they should.

This could be normal with all new products, but I don't think so.

I just bought a pack of blades last night to have some spares in stock. Like I said my LHS got their second shipment of the blades in last night. They also have batteries and frames in stock and have received some of the motors as well. I think they are just selling really fast but I have no doubt things will settle down and parts will be easy to find in short order, just like all other Traxxas products.

EDIT: At time of posting this link they are showing in stock

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store...9%2FBLK%284%29
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Here is an email I just got from Red Rocket Hobby Shop:

"Nick,

Sorry about the typo, the email invoice was supposed to say QR-1 parts. The manufacturer has not yet released any parts for the QR-1 and the ETA is currently the 12th.

Thanks,

Kelly"

RC Competitor
    Thanks for including the link to Ultimate Hobbies, just ordered 2 sets.

RC poster
    Have you checked for parts here? The parts I ordered only took 2 days to arrive.

http://www.hobby1.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

RC Racer
    I read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that the strike at the ports of California that occurred in December (maybe November, I can't excatly remember) has had an effect on the availability of parts. I've noticed with some other items that I've wanted, not just the heli's, that they have been on back order. I assumed that it was just the holidays and stuff sold out but the srike may have put some of these RC parts and other electonics on back order.
    Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!