RC Qualifier

Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens Denied HOF Inductions

First time in four decades no living players were inducted.
    Bonds, Sosa and Clemens each receiving less than 40 percent of votes needed.
    Just wondering what your opinions are on the steroid scandals
    involving professional baseball and do these guys deserve to be inducted?

My personal thoughts...
    There were so many milestones in baseball history achieved in such a short amount of time and I
    loved every bit of it. BUT, I'm irritated performance enhancing drugs were used to achieve many
    these milestones.
    The players involved deserve credit for thier achievements...with an asterisk.
    They cheated. Plain and simple. Access denied and rightly so. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited by NitroTrout; 01-10-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Competitor
    They don't even deserve an asterisk. They should be wiped out completely. No point is showing stats if they were compromised. Their names shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as HOF.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

But those PED's weren't banned in baseball at the time, so technically they didn't cheat...at least McGwire didnt, didn't see what bonds and Clemons were using.

These days though, sports is less and less natural no matter how you look at it. Players have to deal with so much stress and pain they are always on some kind of medicine, maybe not in baseball, but basketball and football for sure.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Yeah, it is hard to say how they should handle it. While we "know" half the guys at the time were on the juice, we don't KNOW they were as a matter of law. I think perhaps decades down the road, some of them may get in the HOF, but right now it's too fresh in everyone's minds. It's sad that the old timers, whose numbers we baseball fans know by heart, were all crushed during the "steroid era." I remember being excited and being ready for work an hour early every day to catch sportscenter during Mcguire's and Sosa's chase for the home run title. I guess everyone should have wondered what the heck was going on, but even the commissioner of baseball was excited that season, because the fans were finally coming back after the strike and everyone was making mad money. It is just sad that these guys who were great before they took the roids are now an embarrassment to the game. Kinda funny; Bonds breaks the home run record, still at the top of his game and NO ONE would sign him. Exiled.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    Yes, Mcgwire used creatine, which was not illegal, You could buy it at any vitamin store, Which is why he is sitll welcomed and has a job as a hitting coach. But his stats will be tarnished because of the steroid era. Bonds used some lame excuse that he didnt know he was being given steroids. Look at him in Pittsburgh then fast forward a couple years to him in sf. Its obvious he was on something and if he didnt know it, he is dumber than I thought.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl