Hybrid View

RC poster

BRUSHLESS Summit "The Big One"

Hi Forum!

Ive been a proud owner of a Summit 1/8 now for almost 1 week! After two days I converted the Summit to Brushless. (Mamber Monster ESC and Robitronic Razer 7T-2150kv motor "RPM possible 31820 Stock would be 16789 with 4s") I run on 4S 14.8 volts and stock gears and I am very Happy with the upgrade. The Summit performs Perfectly.

So to my point,

1. Who has also converted to Brushless and what problems if any have you had with the increase in power.
    2. What mods have you done to rectify the problem of more power.
    3. Anyone waterproofed there Mamber Monster with Plasti Tape stuff and does it work.
    4. What can I look out for with with Summit "Problems"

Anyway, Great Forum and till next time.
    Tom

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the Traxxas Forum!

The only thing that needs to be done when converting to brushless is adjusting the slipper clutch. you want it to slip when too much power is applied, so it doesnt bend or brake the gears or axles.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Qualifier
    +1 on that the slipper clutch is your friend lol, I have been running the MMM combo in mine for a little over a month now and have had no problems yet, loosened the slipper a bit and it is good to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    diffs, drivetrain components,

oh and ..... your face hurting from smiling non stop, your finger cramping from never putting the remote down, and possibly your wallet/bank account.

RC Qualifier
    You dont have to do anything to your diffs or drivetrain components. Though running jacked up with the pushrods on the inner hole is kinda hard on the cross pins in the axles. For hard turns, you'll want to run on the lowest height setting, but for clearing the chassis on tall rocks, you'll want the middle height setting. you can play around with the tallest setting but It's a little top-heavy. lol

What have you done to tune your summit? have you tightened the springs, taken the beadlock rings off, adjust wheel alignment? You don't have to do anything but you can play around with it till it's a different truck all together
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless