Thread: Is this normal?

RC Racer

Is this normal?

I just bought an old revo 2.5 for $100 dollars. With fuel in it and lifting the front end to any degree I have fuel dumping out the exhaust. This does not happen with my T-Maxx however they are two different vehicles.

Not normal. Empty the tank, engine and pipe and verify that the pressure line from the pipe is going to the port on the tank cap.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    that is how it is hooked up, hose runs from the cap to the exhaust and the other hose runs from the top of the tank to the carburetor.

You must have a leak somewhere. Sounds like the line from tank to carb. Whenever I buy a used RC, new fuel lines are top priority. It makes lif emuch easie rin the end. Also check your fuel tank lid O-Ring.
    Learn by doing

RC Racer
    +1 on the fuel lines and o ring. I'd buy some extra while your at it. The o rings seem to go quick.

RC Racer
    I have been spending all my time getting my T-Maxx going so I have not got a chance to put this one back on the bench. I am going to ask before investigating this matter, what is it that is suppose to keep fuel from flowing out this fuel line that runs from the lid to the pipe when it is picked up from the nose. On the T-Maxx the fuel tank is behind the pipe therefore gravitiy would not allow fuel to go that way when you pick it up.

Air. Fuel occupies the space in the tank. In order for it to move, something else needs to occupy it. Think of a full straw, put your finger over the top and then pick it up out of the water.
    So in order for the fuel to drain air needs to replace it. As far as I know I haven't had the issue of the fuel draining from the tank while hauling it around either by its front or rear bumpers.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Now I understand, I thank you guys for the input. is there any recommendations as far as what fuel line to buy

RC Racer
    bingo, it is the O ring on the tank

RC Qualifier
    Double G that was a most excellent way of describing the issue. Kudos I just bought some fuel line. I just got the Traxxas stock silicone line. Glad you figured out the issue.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"