Thread: Camber Issue?

RC poster

Question Camber Issue?

I recently purchased a used KB Fiesta, and I noticed the rear tires are off center in a way, like a camber problem. I don't own a digital camera so no pics, but when looked at from the rear, the tires look like this........... /__\ Is there a way to adjust it back? and if not, would I have to purchase new A-arms? Thanks for any help.

RC Racer
    They are designed that way. Supposed to be toed in like that. Almost all of the vehicles are. They say they are like this for drift purposes. Nothing is wrong unless it is way off.

If they look like that while looking down from the top that's toe in. And perfectly normal.

If you are looking from the ground towards the rear of the car and they are in like that that's camber and there is normally only about 1.5 - 2* camber. On these cars though if your suspension is really soft and hanging low they do camber in a ton more.

Last edited by Cameron; 01-09-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    Thanks Cameron, I'm used to my 4-Tec in that there's very little camber. I was just worried about uneven tire wear or other issues arising.

i *think* on the KB with shafts level you are looking at no more than 2* camber ideally as far as stock is concerned.

Hopefully someone can confirm that for us.

It all helps with handling, you want a bit of camber for sure. but yeah too much (bottom pic) will just burn your tires up.

That said, camber is super easy to adjust. Top pillow ball is for camber, bottom is for toe.

RC Qualifier
    I got my son a KB for Xmas and it was MISSING two of the little retainers that hold the carrier on the balls. All the rest were SUPER sloppy. I was very disapointed, the wheels were all over the place in terms of camber and toe. This is NOT a design feature! It is crappy quality sorry. I purchased the screw in retainer set and a set of steel hollow balls for the links and now it feels like a dream and drives much better Part number 7033X, HIGHLY recommended.

I swap out the hollow balls on everything for steel on the 1/16 platform right out of the box. I have a massive collection of the plastic ones i dont know what to do with.

Never thought to upgrade to the steel pillowball retainers, i havent had any issues with the stockers.

RC Qualifier
    That's half the problem.
    Wiggle the tire and watch the joint at the pivot balls. The thread in caps allow you to remove all that disgusting slop.
    As for your collection of plastic hollow balls..... make a necklace - just kidding
    Also, look at the hollow ball interface the rods still wear with steel balls and this is another big source of slop (as are cheap bearings but start by eliminating the obvious)

Lol @ necklace suggestion.

I never once thought that the snap in retainers would cause slop, heck i have such a hard time getting them out i have been known to just buy a new set of complete knuckles off ebay if i ever needed to replace one for whatever reason. And at the same time i did not realize they were threaded... (or do you make threads when installing the steel units?)

RC Qualifier
    yes, you make the threads as you thread it in - they go in very easily, just thread in untill you touch the ball and back off just enough to allow free movement. A HUUUUUUGE improvement and no more of those PITA snap in retainers. You can add those to the necklace too - ha

LOL, might have to add at least 1 pack to my next order. My MERV gets all the love. Ken Block aside from the RPM carriers and shocks (now) is stock.

RC Qualifier
    the merv will love you for it!