RC Competitor

revo 3.3 rear wing good or not

Hello revo guys ,just finished puttingtruck togather with x mas upgrades my ? is ,does the rear wing really improve truck.do have techno sway bar kit on it , i have it installed but it seems to add a lot of weight on rear ,good for wheelies, but i noticed u have to cut rear of body so it will fit, have not run truck with it on ,just not sure if the pros r worth the cons. looks kinda goofy back there to just my opinion. THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE OR THOUGHTS

RC Qualifier
    I think its a great upgrade. Handles better in the jumps and protects cooling head in crash.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Racer
    Really helps protect the rear part of body from cracking.

RC Competitor
    Hello guys thanks for your input very much appreciated

RC Champion
    most importantly its a great handle... :-)
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC poster
    for sure, it makes the rear of truck more flat on "fast" flat style jumps. similar to what the flat low down mugen mbx wing does.

bad thing is the wings will take a beating, i suggest trying to fit a JC punisher wing as it is very durable and looks HOT
    Revo 3.3 chassis / LRP .28

RC Competitor
    Ok sounds like it is worth keeping on so do i need to cut the slots in rear for body to fit?i can not get the body to sit all way down or have i done something wrong ,just pulled bell off and clutch fried parts just fell out is there a clutch upgrade but i want to keep telementry not so much for speed but like rpm thanks for any help

RC Competitor
    Thanks for that i will look into a jc do u know if it can be made to fit?

RC poster
    First thing when you purchase a revo is throw away that bad plastic clutch and get a m2c 40mm traxxas clutch system. or something else with good quality shoes.

the jc wing should fit if you line up the holes an ream them out as with any 1/8 wing.(please pm me if your are unsure or not confident on trying to get it to line up and ill show you a way to do it)

however i took my wing mount off years ago... i like the classic MT look.

at 40,000 RPM the RPM sensor becomes invalid as it becomes a blur to the sensor, it works great at lower revs though.

RC Competitor
    THANK U that was very helpfull did look at jc wing very cool and thanks for offering to help me out if i need i will let u know ,i might keep the one on and beat it till it falls off and replace with jc. thanks

RC poster
    Your Welcome.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stang2005 View Post
    Ok sounds like it is worth keeping on so do i need to cut the slots in rear for body to fit?i can not get the body to sit all way down or have i done something wrong ,just pulled bell off and clutch fried parts just fell out is there a clutch upgrade but i want to keep telementry not so much for speed but like rpm thanks for any help
    Your truck body does need to be trimmed. Unless you get a Revo Platinum body, its already trimed for you.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Competitor
    thanks to all who replied all very helpfull , I will have to go get platnium ,almost bought one for x mas but really not good with painting ,so that was my next challenge looks like i will start that project next.THANKS AGAIN