RC Enthusiast

Good Bearing Manufacturers

Hey guys i'm looking for good bearing kits for my slash can you give me some names my preferances are:
    1. Would like them to be water proof.
    2. Would like them to be a doller each (around 20$ for the kit).
    3. Free shipping to Canada.

Thanks

RC Racer
    No bearing is waterproof, water resistant... maybe. Boca bearings, green seals are supposed to be higher end. More expensive though. Whatever brand, just make sure you get the rubber seal. Ceramic bearings arent supposed to be worth the cost either.

I bought a complete rubber seal set from fast eddy in the $20 range.

RC Racer
    Full ceramic bearings and high-quality stainless steel bearings are very waterproof. Have run them both.
    I'm back to stock Traxxas bearings, submerged in CorrosionX (without their seals) for a couple of hours, as that still keeps mine spinning happily, even after extreme wet runs.

Dust, debris and sand are unavoidable problems, though. They will always find a way through the seals and make the bearings gritty, regardless the quality.
    Greetz, JEREMY.

RCblog.nl - Summit*ERBE*Sl4sh

RC Racer
    AVID Traxxas Slash 4x4 Bearing Kit
    Maintenance is the key for prolonging the life of any bearing.

RC Enthusiast
    Can you carefuly pop the seals off these bearings? If so then you could repack them with a waterproof grease. This is what we do with our dirtbike wheel bearings. I'm new to this RC stuff so haven't looked at the bearings yet on my slash.
    Last edited by gman897; 01-10-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Avid and Boca are well liked by forum members
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    When you get new bearings if you break them in they will last longer. I used to race downhill skateboards and there is a oil specially made for bearings it is a metallic oil made by oust bearings, it is called met-ol. It bonds to the metal at a molecular level and will stand up to high heat and torsion loads. This stuff is the best

RC Champion
    Yeah racing bearing from the bay. Had Avid Bearing they were good as well. Yeah racing for abuse though over year and a bit, and still smooth.

RC Enthusiast
    Im deciding boca or avid Avid is nice because it lets you choose what kind of bearing you want for all the same price (rubber sealed half rubber sealed ect..) but the shippings gonna add 6 dollers (not that bad of a problem) boca has free shipping but the only rubber sealed i see are like 35 bucks.