RC Racer

Canyon's with no Foams?

Hey guys, I grabbed a set canyon tires for my e-revo as winter tires basedon the recommendation of others. I have some 7171 dish wheels to mount them on just as winter/snow tires.

I'm thinking about mounting them without the foams since they seem much more plyable. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts experiences to share?

Further to this I'm curious about putting a dab of silicon in the air hole on the inside of the rim to stop water and crap from getting in. Any thoughts or experiences about this idea?

Thanks for any and all input!

RC Qualifier
    To Tell you the Truth thats how my Mini Grave digger come and they seem to work great! i get tons of traction they tires just shape to the form they need too and it reduces wear i would say the only6 bad thing with a big jump it will bottom out and the rim will slap the floor.. which isnt good so yea

RC Competitor
    another way to get water out of your wheels is to cut small slits in the middle of your tires, then when your done pick it up and flore it... all of the water will spin out of the tires

The Canyons are really soft... once broke in the RC might sit directly on the rim!
    Grave Digger tires and Canyons are two different compounds.

Sealing the hole has been done, but if I remember right it made the RC bouncy when landing jumps.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    So nobody here has tried foamless canyons? Maybe I'll be the first...

RC Racer
    Well I chicked out, glued them on with the foams in last night..