RC Racer

New tenshock sc401v2 3800kv motor sc8 combo question

This combo is somewhere between china, and my house. I'm wondering what I'll need for the install. I've dug through various forums, and it sounds like it comes with the motor wires (unsoldered), but not the esc wires? Is that correct? What wires/ connectors will I need? 5mm pinions, right? What else do I need/ should I get? I already have the king headz motor mount. Thanks for any help!

http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/p...+SHIPPING.html

RC Champion
    Yes, 5mm mod .8 pinions. I was looking at the motor the other day and couldn't see how it connected to the ESC. I have the V1 motor and it was soldering connectors on both wires which I didn't plan for. From what I saw on the V2 motor, you connect the ESC wires directly to it but I couldn't tell how. Let us know if you find out, I'm thinking of changing to that motor if it really runs cooler.
    / 16

The new motor has to be soldered to the esc but that comes with the wires all ready done for you but you may have to cut them as they are very generous with them. you will not be disappointed with that setup dude it rocks. i have the hobbywing pro sct and v1 tenshock 3500kv in my stampede 4x4 running 17t and 54t spur and it rips on 2s and 3s .....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info! Does anyone have a photo of this combo installed? Or a similar tenshock install?

RC Racer
    Frustrated! So they sent me a different system than what I ordered! There is a benefit to going to the LHS and actually seeing what you're getting. They sent this combo:

http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/p...+SHIPPING.html

Yes it is a more expensive sensored system (they charged me for the less expensive one), but I really wanted the waterproof esc. This one says "splash" proof. What do you guys think of the combo I received? They sent the 4000kv. I just wonder if they're out of stock on the other, so sent this instead. How careful will I have to be in keeping water off? Its nice to be able to hose the thing off when really dirty. Is this combo really better?

RC Competitor
    FYI I was gonna order mine from funshobby till I realized it was gonna be shipped from china, I didn't like the thought of that so I looked on eBay and mine is coming from California. I got the sc411 4000kv. Big difference in "splash proof" and "waterproof" although it's waterproof, just remember your bearings are NOT! I learned that real fast!!

RC Competitor
    I think u got a good deal tho! I'd be happy

Dude there are ways of putting a waterproof dip on it to sort it out on youtube just do your homework but that system with be smooth as butter and fast as **** on 2s......peace

RC Racer
    Thanks for the replies. I'll probably stick with it. It would probably be a huge pita to return it to china!

Good man you will love it and if you do run 3s just gear down and put a fan on the motor and give us an update on how you get on dude..........peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick180 View Post
    FYI I was gonna order mine from funshobby till I realized it was gonna be shipped from china, I didn't like the thought of that so I looked on eBay and mine is coming from California. I got the sc411 4000kv. Big difference in "splash proof" and "waterproof" although it's waterproof, just remember your bearings are NOT! I learned that real fast!!
    Would love to see your set up when you get it! My wife and i are due to have a baby any day, so hopefully she'll hold out till I can install. Lol. Just picked up some pinions, bullets, etc, so I'm ready to hit the workbench.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Good man you will love it and if you do run 3s just gear down and put a fan on the motor and give us an update on how you get on dude..........peace
    Right on, thx again!

RC Racer
    Update: Funshobby realized the mistake and contacted me to see if I wanted to correct it. It sounds like it was a FedEx mistake. So, people make mistakes, and I won't hold anything against funshobby. They were kind, and willing to fix things. They were also fine when I said I didn't want to go through the hassle and keep the system I received. Just an update for anyone thinking about using them.

RC Competitor
    That was nice of them to offer. So did you get a chance for a test drive yet? I'm just about finished my install, realized last night I forgot about the sensor wire so I'm trying to find one locally. I should be able to run mine tonight or tomorrow

RC Racer
    That was nice of them to offer. So did you get a chance for a test drive yet? I'm just about finished my install, realized last night I forgot about the sensor wire so I'm trying to find one locally. I should be able to run mine tonight or tomorrow
    Yeah I took it out today for the first time, had a blast! I was geared at 15/50 which I knew would be underpowered, but I wanted to be conservative first time out. It was really smooth, punchy, and stayed cool. I bashed for about 1/2 hour each 2S 5000 50c. Happy with the run time. At that gearing I would roughly compare it to the velineon, with a bit more spit, and cooler. I will be going to 16/52 tonight with the center diff for a comparison.

Double check the box for your sc411. Both my motor, and esc came with a sensor wire.

Let me know how yours goes!

RC Racer
    Oh, and one thing I noticed is a bit of a delay when hitting reverse from a stop. I'll have to play with the program card, which works excellent, and is super easy btw. If anyone has ideas on this lag, throw them out there.

RC Competitor
    Wow! Just took mine for a little 5 min spin(bad weather) I to am at 15/50 2s 50c. I notice a huge dif in low end take off from my stock motor/esc with 13/54 2s 25c! It takes off like stock on 3s! I could check top end because there was only a small piece of dry road! That run time is good to hear, I bought 2 new 2s 50c 6600's so if I get to play 30+ minutes per battery that will be killer! Let me know what difference 16/52 makes. I think I'm gonna leave my 50 spur on and play only with the pinion size. Have fun, hope the weather clears soon its sucked lately !

RC Competitor
    And yes my brakes need adjusting too, barely stops. reverse is slow too. My esc is suppose to be user friendly, guess I need to play with it to find my preferences.

RC Racer
    And yes my brakes need adjusting too, barely stops. reverse is slow too. My esc is suppose to be user friendly, guess I need to play with it to find my preferences.
    But who needs brakes! Lol

RC Racer
    Wow! Just took mine for a little 5 min spin(bad weather) I to am at 15/50 2s 50c. I notice a huge dif in low end take off from my stock motor/esc with 13/54 2s 25c! It takes off like stock on 3s! I could check top end because there was only a small piece of dry road! That run time is good to hear, I bought 2 new 2s 50c 6600's so if I get to play 30+ minutes per battery that will be killer! Let me know what difference 16/52 makes. I think I'm gonna leave my 50 spur on and play only with the pinion size. Have fun, hope the weather clears soon its sucked lately !
    Did your top speed seem much faster?

RC Competitor
    Whoops that was suppose to say I "couldn't" check top end. You don't think it will be close to 40? I'll GPS it when the weather is good. With all that torque it could prob be good with a 17t pinion...

RC Racer
    Whoops that was suppose to say I "couldn't" check top end. You don't think it will be close to 40? I'll GPS it when the weather is good. With all that torque it could prob be good with a 17t pinion...
    Gotcha, I'll GPS mine too. Considering the actual top speed with the velineon is more like 33mph on 2S, 40 would be plenty for me. If not too much. I'm more concerned about the feel of the ride, which I was really happy with. If you said punch, it listened. Also loved the sound of it. It just sounded mean.

Glad to see you guys are lovin the tenshock motors they rip.....peace

RC Racer
    Holy bleep me moderator!!! This thing tore it up with 16/52! Also the center diff really suits this motor well. Made the beast controllable. I tried to rig my iPhone to it, but after one attempt decided it wasn't worth replacing my iPhone for calcing speed. Whatever it is, I'm happy with it!

RC Competitor
    Awesome! What difference did you notice?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrgold View Post
    Holy bleep me moderator!!! This thing tore it up with 16/52! Also the center diff really suits this motor well. Made the beast controllable. I tried to rig my iPhone to it, but after one attempt decided it wasn't worth replacing my iPhone for calcing speed. Whatever it is, I'm happy with it!
    I wanna see some video when your geared at 18/52
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    Awesome! What difference did you notice?
    When I first tested it with the slipper, it just wasn't hooking up. I was on a mix of loose hard pack, and dusty asphalt. There just wasn't enough to grab with my trenchers, and I was spinning. Also was taking to much weight off the front end. I wasn't seeing what the motor could do. With the center diff my trenchers seemed to be hooking up with everything. Faster and more controllable than yesterday.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    I wanna see some video when your geared at 18/52
    You got it! And btw, thanks for your replies to me and others on this combo. They have been really helpful.

RC Competitor
    Cool, I was wondering last night what was going on, slipper clutch gotcha.. I'm bringing a Velcro strap home from work to strap my phone down. Ill let you know what I run

RC Competitor
    Ok with the battery that I charged last night and used for few minutes, I just GPSed it at 38mph with 15/50 gearing. I know it's not supper fast but the torque all the way through is amazing. Jrgold 16/52 should be slightly faster than 15/50 so you are probably hitting/breaking 40. Should be enough to clear most doubles lol

RC Racer
    Ok with the battery that I charged last night and used for few minutes, I just GPSed it at 38mph with 15/50 gearing. I know it's not supper fast but the torque all the way through is amazing. Jrgold 16/52 should be slightly faster than 15/50 so you are probably hitting/breaking 40. Should be enough to clear most doubles lol
    Yeah man, it was plenty fast for me. Like a 3S, but with the cost of 2s batteries, track legal, and decent temps. Although I did break an a-arm today, I think I'm going to have plenty of excuses to upgrade other parts. Lol

Guys if your going to use the slipper with the tenshock motor you may want to upgrade to revo spec pads i found it much better than stock...peace