RC Qualifier

Rally 1/10 or 1/16 E-Revo VXL?

I have an 8s XO-1 already so that takes care of my need for speed but I am debating on getting a Rally 1/10 just to play around in parking lots and possibly a tiny bit of off-road bashing. I have had my eyes on a GREEN Rally mainly due to 4WD drive and lower cg, but the 1/16 E-Revo VXL looks like a cool car that I could run around in a smaller parking lot even if there are cars in the parking lot. My main concern is how much harder will it be to control the 1/16 E-Revo compared to the Rally 1/10?

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as which one will break the least and provide the most amount of fun completely stock? This will be my daily driver R/C that I will leave 100% stock so I don't have any headaches like I do with my XO-1. Hopefully someone who has both or had both in the past can chime in.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    You hear alot about mini revo's breaking. Cannot say the same for the 1/10 Rally. Yet.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I own both, well kinda. I own the 1/10 Rally and the little boy has a decked out MERV. I have yet to break anything on my Rally and very few have so far. If you plan on keeping both of them in the parking lot and not doing anything crazy like jumping ramps on cement you should be ok with both. They both have awesome platforms.

For the MERV if you add the T-Bone full chassis brace it makes it a mean machine. I made the mistake and only bought the fr/ rr bumpers at the time. Not sure how I missed it. Anyways after many months of WOT (he has a big block HPI Vapor Pro & Castle 5700kv motor) and bumping into planted objects it took a fatal hit a couple weeks ago and he split the chassis in the front. Right at the ends of the bulk that mounts to the chassis. That T-Bone brace might have saved it. $20 in parts and he will be back on commission. For a 4yr old and a trigger happy finger this is all he's busted. I'm pretty stoked over it. There are upgrades that need to be done to get it to this point but not really that bad.

Really just going to depend on the size of RC you want. 1/16 MERV or 1/0 Rally (basically a 1/8 if you think about it) in size? Did you hit the MERV forum area up yet? I have a build on my little guys car over there. Really straight forward.

Hope this helps ya bud.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    i im building both but for a every day basher imo i would go with the 1/10 rally out of the box straight up fun low maitenance good luck mate ps orange is the fastest lol[IMG][/IMG]
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ive owned both. The Rally is definitely the most durable out of the box. But only when its run the way its intended. The MERV is intended to be jumped and run hard on rough off road surfaces. So, given that this is its intended purpose, its not nearly as durable as the 1/10 rally if driving they way ITS intended. Mostly on flatter surfaces with few smaller sized jumps.

The MERV would probably be a bit faster with the proper batteries, but the rally gives a better overall driving experience because of its size and more scale appearance. You could also look at the 1/16 Rally, its smaller and less capable than either but is a very fun drifting car for smooth clean parking lots. If it were my money though, it would be spent on a 1/10 rally for sure.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Why do you call revo for MERV?
    Is it Mini E-ReVo?
    ERBE - E-Revo Brushless Edition?
    EMBE - E-Maxx Brushless Edition?
    MERBE - Mini E-Revo Brushless Edition?
    Did I score...?

Is there more Traxxas car acronyms?
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Racer
    its abbreviation to the name of the rc vehicle thats is being talk about . like a pede4x4 that would be a stamped 4x4
    slayer slash revo 3.3

I have a Rally and it's a huge amount of fun. I also have the Slash, Sl4sh, 1/10 Revo, Pede's and Rusty's. But no Merv's. I think 4wd trucks are more fun so you're on the right track.

I will tell you the Blue Rally is a bit faster than the other colors.

Sent from my Super-Kindle
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    It's hard to say, there's so different.

I have both. I got my Rally a few weeks before my MERV. I usually use my Rally either on the street, rough parking lots, dirt paths and baseball fields. I use the MERV in the same places, but usually on the streets for some speed runs.

The Rally out of the box is great. It's very durable and setup pretty nice. I have only added some new shock for better performance. I think the MERV takes more upgrades to running really well, but it's still pretty good out of the box. I've only broken a steering rack so far.

Take a look through both forums and let us know what you decide!