Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, lots... everywhere from DIY to super expensive store bought.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    so we got the hitec charger today for $123 and we discovered that there is no way to plug it into a wall because it is a dc charger are there any power supplies that convert ac to dc
    Which one did you get?? The x4 shoulda be ac current

RC Champion
    no i got the dc one
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

something like this should work its a little much for what you need but you get the idea the seller has a single unit for 40 which is 12v 575w 47amp output more than what you will need.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/24v-1000w-Po...item23224e814c
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    well i have it all figured out i got a 12v power supply from Jimmie Neutron that plugs right into my charger. Runs really great.
    Thanks jimmie

Glad I could help!
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

good quad charger

Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    I got the hitec X4, has built in power supply, AC/DC connections came with it works great powered from a house socket or from a car. Some complain about it being low on power but i can charge 4 lipos at 6 amp just fine... My biggest lipo is a 2s 7600mah, take abput 50-60 min to charge from dead. I can also charge 4 different batteries of 4 different sizes all at once(nihm, lipo,lifo,nicad,others...) So can charge my 2s pack whole also doin my 3s pack... Also real nice when my buddies come over to play on the track! Been a great charger for $170.
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDRACER View Post
    All due respect, you are comparing a clone X2 to the HiTec X4 and complaining of two fires?
    Wouldn't that be akin to saying not to buy a Ford truck because of the fire issues with the Pinto? (Yes, I'm that old)
    There was a time that Traxxas had major ESC issues too. They remedied the issue, right?
    Again, you have admitted that it were clones that caught fire. You cannot use that against the HiTec.
    Sorry, I have to call an invalid argument when I see it.

The fact of the matter is, the HiTec X4 AC/DC will take four of my SPC 2S 5000mAh LiPos from a storage voltage to fully charged in about 45 minutes.

One unit, one box, one conection to a wall outlet, all eight batteries in 90 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I have two converted power supplies in the garage for other automotive uses, but I simply do not see the point to carrying more junk around to charge batteries when I can everything I need in one contained unit.

Honestly, why is it that every time someone asks for charger options, the entire post string becomes "my setup is better than yours"? Same thing happened with talking about LiPo batteries, and that's completely taboo around here now.

/peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    KSB never blamed a HiTec... He even states that HiTec is not bad and made it clear that it was the clone that caused the issue.
    So where is the problem??

I never once have seen a thread stating "my charge setup is better".
    Each setup can be different, have different benefits and drawbacks; and I believe that is how most readers take what is being posted. If we do see a known battery cooker, those of knowledge feel it is only responsible to inform of the possible, if not probable, issue as those chargers can be extremely dangerous.
    I need to correct some misinformation I posted previously. I was talking to the LhS owner who had the fires caused by chargers and he asked me if I knew of any good 4-port chargers. I was a bit taken aback since I knew he had a fire with a Hitec X4 clone, so I asked of his experience with the actual X4. Well, it turns out that the Hitec X4 was the origin of his original, calamitous fire that took a building and tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise with it when it failed. FWIW, it was charging a Venom LiPo battery (not sure what else) at the time.
    So if members ever question why some of us are so vehement regarding certain purchases and recommendations, it's because we value our families, homes, and businesses and we value yours too.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    My Hitec quad charger with the power supply that Jimmie made for me work great.

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    My Hitec quad charger with the power supply that Jimmie made for me work great.
    Good for you. But one Hitec and two clones smoked and/or burned for the mentioned owner. It's up to you whether you heed the warning and at least put your charger on a non-flammable surface. In actuality, ALL chargers should be placed in such a location, right?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Good for you. But one Hitec and two clones smoked and/or burned for the mentioned owner. It's up to you whether you heed the warning and at least put your charger on a non-flammable surface. In actuality, ALL chargers should be placed in such a location, right?
    I guess this means anything I charge is on the dirt now....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.