RC Competitor

Fastest Traxxas Car

What is the fastest out of the box traxxas car?

RC Racer
    well depends. it would be the traxxas xo-1 but thats only if you have a ipod touch or iphone to unlock it. then its down to the traxxas nitro 4-tec or the rustler vxl/ bandit vxl. thats what im guessing. but if you did not have to unlock the xo-1 thats the fastest out of the box.

RC Champion
    the xo-1 is supposed to get 100mph out of the box
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Competitor
    I have an ipod touch so I could unlock it.. how much does one cost

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    XO-1 price range between 900 to 1000 but if you shop around you might find a used one in good condition for a fraction of a price.

i myself cant touch it ATM but i did have a Rally 1/10 Onroad GT8.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adbAr8FdMCs
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 01-08-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

For just pure speed and fun the rustler or bandit would be the most versatile and entertaining, unless you live on an airstrip then the xo1 for sure! Remember it is built for onroad use.

I would be willing to bet a 1/10 rally might be a speed demon if powered and set up properly, for much cheaper than the xo1.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    It would be a better deal to buy a cheaper car like a rustler or a rally and hop it up until you see insane speeds for less than a new xo-1

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    It would be a better deal to buy a cheaper car like a rustler or a rally and hop it up until you see insane speeds for less than a new xo-1
    That is debatable, not wrong but not always the case IMO. I would say most of the people who set out to get a truck like the Rusty up to 100 mph dont make it. Most usually give up close to but not hitting the 100 mph mark and sadly many of them have as much into those Rustlers as you wold buying an XO-1
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Well how fast do you want to go Dark Ninja 34

RC Champion
    Answer is quite easy. The question in the OP is fastest out of the box, not modded etc... XO-1 hands down.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Answer is quite easy. The question in the OP is fastest out of the box, not modded etc... XO-1 hands down.
    The answer is technically easy, but realistically unless you live near an abandoned runway or closed down dragstrip you aren't going to see those speeds out of the box in your front yard on even on a suburban residential street. You would need a very large paved area to run without interference from police, cars, dogs, people, poles, mailboxes...so yes out of the box the car is capable but it takes a lot more than what comes in the box to be the fastest.

RC Qualifier
    I'd just suggest a Merv for speed for the money basis. Drop in 2 3s lipo and do a few upgarades and you'll have a blast for way less than the XO-1
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The right answer is the XO-1... its what he asked... so thats the answer.

But I do agree, for less money you can have just as much fun. I also agree that a rally would probably make a great speed run platform, especially if you got creative with an undertray of some sort like the XO1 has.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    The answer is technically easy, but realistically unless you live near an abandoned runway or closed down dragstrip you aren't going to see those speeds out of the box in your front yard on even on a suburban residential street. You would need a very large paved area to run without interference from police, cars, dogs, people, poles, mailboxes...so yes out of the box the car is capable but it takes a lot more than what comes in the box to be the fastest.
    Best answer here!
    Ive seen more X-01s up for sale for more than just this reason. You have to have the perfect place to get 100mph out of it. Preferably a large oval where you can position yourself to get the best radio reception throughout the oval. Ive seen so many posts of people that couldnt get it past 60-70mph just because of this circumstance. The only other way is to get on a road and follow it with your car, so now you are dirivng 100 mph in a chase vehicle just trying to get an RC vehicle up to speed.

Bottom line is it gets boring very quickly. You can buy something else and hop it up and get just as much practical speed as the X-01 and have more uses for it where it wont get boring.

Just watched a youtube review of the xo1, as I understood the X01 has the drivetrain to go 100mph but lacks the ipod/iphone to run the telemetry system and unlock the esc to allow the high speed. If that is right, then I revert back to the bandit vxl being the fastest straight out of the box. The xo1 maxes out at 60 without the telemetry and rotten apple to run it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The bandit has smaller wheels than the rustler and the wing is actually a negative, not a positive for speed runs. You also dont have as much room under the body to mount larger batteries, move the ESC to different location and add weight to the nose to keep it down. I think the rustler is a better speed platform completely stock. But, Ive had a stock stampede VXL up to 71mph with only lowered shocks, modified body and taller gearing. Everything else was stock.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

The bandit has a more streamlined body and smaller wheels to keep the drag down, I highly agree on the wing never saw a need for it on a rear heavy RC to begin with. But both stock with their respective stock high speed gearing and the same 3s lipo, I think the bandit would be faster, not by a lot but faster. And also IMO stock can mean removing the bandit wing, since it requires nothing to be added to the car.