RC Qualifier

good rear bulkhead upgrade?

i have a problem with breaking my rear bulkheads on my emaxx brushless, i like to jump my truck just not sure if its a good idea to buy aluminum or not. i bash my emaxx pretty hard but i dont want to change those to aluminum and then make a chain reaction and start changing everything to aluminum ya know. just wondering what you guys think i should to or if anyone has everything plastic except the bulkheads and have had any problems running it like that. thanks.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Bulkheads are a problem been like that for over ten years! Aluminum does bend but stick with top brands like flm the whole kit with diffs would be the hot setup!

Hey 50 got a link to the flm kit your talking about? I like to bookmark it for later use so in don't forget Or have to ask later.
    On tablet right now so will come back to site later on CPU.
    On topic: I thought GH bulkheads would be good and they have a lifetime warranty on them from seeing their site.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Qualifier
    $90 is a little bit expensive but it looks sweet! i want to keep the aluminum to a minimum if i can ya know but if i keep breaking rear bulkheads im gonna run it over with my jeep! just kidding is there any type of warranty on the flm? and is there anyone that has ever broken a flm product or bent one?

i cant find out how to login to that flm website?!?! lol am i just stupid?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-09-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: merge
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

Just what I was going to say about the warranty part. Nice diff will bookmark this for sure if the diff is good worth it if not then no ill go with GH then can't remember if full force has the bulkheads I'll have to check when on my CPU.

RC Qualifier
    what is this gh that you are talking about mike? fast lane machines (FLM) does have a lifetime gaurentee if you bend or break a product just send it back and they will replace it. thats kind of worth the money cuz then you never have to but another the entire time you have the truck but i cant figure out how to order on their site making me mad! i am still waiting for my mamba monster esc from castle. i was driving it and all of a sudden the truck just shut off. i figured i would try and find an alternative to the plastic bulkheads while i am waiting. please help me with a link that will take me to where i register on this website...
    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

Golden horizon I believe its called.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Might have to buy from a dealer

RC Qualifier
    there is a guy on ebay thats selling both the front and rear of those in the link about, its at $150 right now but its got 5 days left. what do you mean buy from a dealer? why do they have a login spot though?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    I would go with flm hybrid bulks, super strong

http://www.ghhobby.com/products.php?cat=21&pg=2
    here is the site i was talking about. checked warranty and its lifetime. they say they are CNC and have heard mixed reviews from some though on them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    there is a guy on ebay thats selling both the front and rear of those in the link about, its at $150 right now but its got 5 days left. what do you mean buy from a dealer? why do they have a login spot though?
    From an authorized dealer one of these http://www.fastlanemachine.net/dealers.php
    I seen that login. Don't know!
    Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...at=0&_from=R40

RC Qualifier
    i broke the crappy plastic stock bulk heads, upgraded to the golden horizon bulks (mikesusiq suggested) never had either break or bend
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Hey 50 got a link to the flm kit your talking about? I like to bookmark it for later use so in don't forget Or have to ask later.
    On tablet right now so will come back to site later on CPU.
    On topic: I thought GH bulkheads would be good and they have a lifetime warranty on them from seeing their site.
    GH as in golden horizons? I had a set on my tmaxx. Bent them! Sheared a screw off in the screw hole. That aluminum was like butter while drilling out the screw

If your looking to spend
    Some $$ GA (great assembly) makes some of the best bulkheads out there. Mad out of 70-75 aluminum unlike GH and FLM 60-61 aluminum. $150 for a full set with braces shipped to your door

RC Qualifier
    kyleb, what and the heck building did you jump over?(empire state building?) but that is going to be my biggest fear is that i am gonna be getting sheared off screws in my very expensive bulkheads. and would the warranty cover if a screw broke off inside one of their items? probably not.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those are nice!and expensive!
    I put too much in my revo's have to hold off on those!
    These would work too! http://www.GreatAssemblyRC.com/Page....D=3573&Search=
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-09-2013 at 01:24 AM.

like i said mixed reviews on them some they work for and some they dont. Hey if i could go for the flm's i would without doubt. there are better out there than GH.

RC Champion
    Nothing too seriious. Just cartwheel down a hill. I was only runnin aluminum bulks at the time and everything else was plastic. iMO if your shelling out the coin for Alu bulks you
    Might as well go Alu all down the middle
    To creat a really ridgid core. Like chassis braces, bulks and skids. With just Alu bulks your transferring the force to the next plastic part. I dropped my tmaxx 3.5 floors off the ground (35) ft and nothing broke. ( with a aluminum center )

RC Qualifier
    thats crazy! i think i am gonna get flm's whole diff and bulkhead hybrids if i can figure out how to order the darn things
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    i was reading up on some other forums about the rear bulkheads, and i read one that bought the rear bulkhead hybrids with the 1/8th gears and he said that the ratio for the 1/8 gears were different than the stock? is this true? and does that mean that i would have to buy the front and rear to be able to use the rear hybrid and the diff gears that come with it? if this is all true i might just get the hybrid bulkheads without the gears if thats true.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    Yes you are correct. They are 1:8 scale diffs. You need to have the same front and rear. Also you can't order from FLM directly. You have to but it from one of their distributors or ebay

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I.posted a link to the distributors!
    Same with the losi mod on my revo. Have to do front and rear losing a few teeth on the ring gear. Have to go taller with the pinion or spur for same speed

RC Racer
    Great Assembly makes the best available bulkheads nowadays. The 6061have been plenty good for me, but if you want a bombproof setup go with the 7075.

You can also get lucky on Ebay with a set of Hardcore Racing (HCR) bulkheads, they are also awesome. FLM is ok, but doesn't have the same finish as the others, and I have heard a few had problems with the hybridcases. I had a set of the combobulks myself, and they were fine though.
    www.rcgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=2166

RC Qualifier
    would getting just the FLM bulkheads themselves be still a good upgrade? i never have any problems with stripping the diff gear so im really not worried about that.

anyone? if i found this guy on ebay that has front and rear bulkhead set for $79 and he will ship tomorrow morning if i buy them tonight. is anyone running just the flm bulkheads and everything else stock?

i went ahead and pulled the trigger on the front and rear bulkheads from FLM off of ebay this is going to be my first aluminum purchase. I should get them by this sat or monday. im pretty excited to tell you the truth. will give me something to do while i am waiting for my new mamba monster esc from castle. they said that they should get more sometime next week. and they wanted $105 to upgrade to the new mamba monster 2(waterproof) and i said well the motor isnt waterproof anyway so what is the use of having a waterproof esc. And it would be another 2 weeks if i wanted the mamba monster 2 so i said na im good lol. cant wait to get my EMAXX back up and running. i made a ramp and drove it for a couple of min and hit the ramp once and the esc went out.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-09-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: post merge... please use the edit button.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    The FLM's are a fine upgrade too. They are 37,50 $ pr. end at RCM though...

http://www.rc-monster.com/products.p...XX+Hopup+Parts
    www.rcgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=2166

RC Qualifier
    i actually contacted rc monster and talked to monster mike and he said that he didn't have any in stock and he said it would take about 3 weeks for him to order some from FLM, i only payed 80 and i will get them no later than this next monday the 14th and i want them quick so that i can have it all ready for when i get my new esc and all ready to drop that thing in and go out and break something else i was breaking the truck apart earlier and found this when i went to take the a arms off the front...good thing i get new a arm pins with my new bulkheads
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That was close!

RC Qualifier
    now it is gonna be a lot harder to break these a arm pins right? and i noticed that the a arm pins have the c clips that go on the end of the a arms, do those fall off a lot or are they pretty reliable?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    what was close 50?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Close to losing them pins

I lost a few c clips on my t maxx but couldn't even get the pins out!

RC Qualifier
    oh yea lol, i am too excited to get these aluminum bulkheads! do you know anything about those pins with the c-clips on the ends? should i just buy a 500 pack of c-clips now or later? lol
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would just have a few spares and keep an eye on them. Should be ok

RC Qualifier
    cool, we actually use those at work on something and we take them off because they come off all the time and i have been keeping some of them so i already have some on hand.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like a plan!

RC Qualifier
    Dont forget you CAN'T use those pin with alu bulk!!!
    those screwing in the plastic bulk but when you have alu bulk, you'll need pin with e-clip at the ends.

Fred
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC Qualifier
    yea quebec the FLM ones i ordered come with all the pins and e-clips thanks though
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5