RC Enthusiast

Slipper clutch pads missing

Hi im new to the forum, i baught a slayer pro 3 months ago and just about a week ago my slipper clutch pads are missing, all 3. Bought the replacement yesterday, put them on, 1 minute in to my bashing 2 are gone and the 3rd one is still there, what can cause the problem. I tidnt tightn the nut till it stoped.. I thightn it till the gear was hard to turn with my hand.

Welcome to the fourms! If your losing slipper clutch pads, try getting the alumminum ones, I have them, and I've never had a problem with them. I not sure sure why your losing them so quickly, maybe the slipper pad holder is bent? Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks!!! How tight do i screw the bolt, till the bolt stops, nothing more?? Or just enough for the clutch to slip??

Just enough so that the slipper will put indents in your finger/thumb when you try to turn it.
    What also helps is if you put a small dab of CA or tire glue on the back of the pad and attach it to the mount.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, got it, one more question, at the time of relaplacing the pads is it easier to remove the engine or the tranny?

RC Competitor
    I find it easier to remove the tranny. Also, if you are having problems with the pads falling out, there could be a problem with the metal backing plate. I would recommend getting a new one. A complete slipper clutch rebuild kit is pretty cheap.

V/R
    Bill

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks!!

SLAYER-PRO

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks!!

SLAYER-PRO