RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Need a rack or holder for my hex wrenches

Can anyone recommend a good rack/stand/holder that either sits on a bench or hangs on a wall to hold my hex wrenches? I have one I got from overseas but its a stupid design. The wrenches just flop around in it. Id like something that can hold all the hexs and, if possible, one that can even hold my nut drivers.

What are you all using?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    I know harbor freight around here has stands, but they all include the wrenches as well. Havent seen any instore with just the rack.

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-piec...set-96645.html
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Champion
    I looked for something for a long time. I ended up using a magnetic strip like this.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/18-inch...der-65489.html

Sent using 8.4 volts of NiMH power!
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

for my Hex drivers i ended up just drilling holes in the back of my workbench.

But a mag strip would be a good idea
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

I like the mag strip idea as well... I may try to fashion something using that as the attachment point. My bench is REALLY deep, so reaching across it to get wrenches isnt really efficient. But something with a mag strip that was free standing may be the ticket. thanks for that idea tuesdays
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    I looked for something for a long time. I ended up using a magnetic strip like this.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/18-inch...der-65489.html

I was gonna say that too, just saw it in a sale flyer thing they sent me in the mail. It's on clearance until the 31st.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I like the mag strip idea as well... I may try to fashion something using that as the attachment point. My bench is REALLY deep, so reaching across it to get wrenches isnt really efficient. But something with a mag strip that was free standing may be the ticket. thanks for that idea tuesdays
    Not sure how high your ceilings are but they are pretty low in my basement so I attached the magnet strip to one of the fluorescent lights above the bench. I attached another one along the top of the light for pinions, body clips, and other little stuff

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I have this wrench holder from my days of wrenching on bicycles for a living. It's from Park Tool, and it works great as a holder for my RC tools. The model is TK-2 and there are a few on ebay. It's made to mount on the top of a bicycle work stand, but I cut a piece of pvc, mounted it on there, and use an old dremel attatchment as a base. The base is ziptied to the top of my workbench. When I'm on the run and out bashing, I just lift the holder off the pvc and put it in my toolbox. It rotates for easy access and it holds all my pliers, wrenches, hex drivers, scissors, screwdrivers, reamer, everything at arms reach.

It also sits flat if you don't want to mount it. This is a shot of my new workspace before I mounted it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    How about this Pave
    http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-MSR6B-...rewdriver+rack
    Or this you could mount it to the front of the workbench
    http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1516
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    I have this wrench holder from my days of wrenching on bicycles for a living. It's from Park Tool, and it works great as a holder for my RC tools.
    On a side note, how did you like their products? I used to build their bike clamps, work stands and wheel truing stands. That was nearly 17 years ago... My father still has coffee with the man that started the business and I used to play softball with the current president. Very nice gentlemen and enjoyed working for them.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Great products. Quality built. Used them every day for years with no problems.

Pave, U got the workspace... Get the Pegboard... Its like 8 bucks for a big ol 8 foot section... I LOVE my Peg board.

I also have a magnet strip I got from Harbor Freight to hold all the random Traxxas wrenchs, and tweezers, small scissors and such...

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

I even got the ALUMINUM Traxxas wrench to hold on to it, but placing a magnet on the wrench... These strips are pricey at a local hardware store (compartivly) but they are bigger, and cheaper at Harbor Frieght. This thing cost me like 3 bucks, and went AWESOME on my Pegboard

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

If only we had harbour freight in canada.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion

Here's mine lol. A little ghetto if you ask me but hey... it works. It's an adhesive backed magnetic strip. It came in a roll about 10 feet long. It was cheap too. I had probably 5 feet of it in my old little area to hold screws and all kinds of little junk. Doesn't work so well once you switch to stainless hardware on all of your RCs. Pave you're not missing much. Also, you have your own Canadian stores that we wish we had in the US.

I did this a long time ago to hold the most common tools I used.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

^^ thats exactly what im looking for. I wish someone made one just like it so I could buy it. I have one that is similar in design but the horizontal section the wrench shafts go into is only thin aluminum so the heavy wrench handles just flop over... it needs to either be a dual level plate so the shafts go through both and theyre held upright, or a thicker single plate (like yours carraige)...

Traxxastuesdays... I approve of your sticker job. Hehe. Im going to get a roll of magnet tomorrow and find a place to mount it. i think I saw a magnetic tool holder at a local hardware store that was around 36inches long and was made of plastic with screw mount tabs on each end... thats exactly what im looking for.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Hehe I didn't even realize the sticker. Great season of DT by the way.

RC Champion
    Hey Pave, I just thought of one I almost bought before I came up with my tool holder. It's from Xtreme Racing and they have them in several colors. Cool looking, too. It's $25, and I like their products. Have one of their carbon frames on my crawler and an aluminum frame on my Slash.

Thats exactly what im looking for ^^

$36 shipped to canada aint cheap. But ill probably end up getting one. If i had the steady hand id try to make one. But alas... my hands are not steady.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ