RC Qualifier

QR1 Odd noise / flying on an angle down

Hey guys, I have put about 8 packs throught my QR1. No crazy hard crashes. Everything looks good. Last flights with it had no issue. Doing some flying just now and im getting the strange noise and it doesnt want to hover. Its very hard to stear and it wants to go down and forward right. The once you get to about 50% throttle it makes he noise sort of like a car with dead battery. Where it way to start but just keep give you that "nah nah nah nah" noise over and over. Anyone seen this.

Seems to me like one motor is working as it should pushing it in one direction. All rotors sping freely. Do not appare to have any thing wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I should also note it does this strange viberating thing. Like the whole QR1 seems to shake.

Either you have a motor that needs the armature realigned or more likely you have a damage rotor blade that needs to be replaced.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Another thing I noticed was the blades. Make sure none of them are bent or anything and make sure all the arms are snapped in place. Another thing to check is to see if there is any of of debris (hair, carpet, etc..) caught in the motor between it and the blade. If there is any bent blades, replace as needed and try again. I had this issue, but not anymore. All good

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Either you have a motor that needs the armature realigned or more likely you have a damage rotor blade that needs to be replaced.
    Yep, if it's not a motor, it's a rotor blade. ALL small quads are very sensitive to rotor damage and (over)react very strongly to even tiny rotor dings, both in performance and in noise. Make sure the battery is fully seated too.

@c.greer: You are correct: ONE long hair can stop a motor dead.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Found 2 arms were not connected correctly. They were slighty popped out. Ill have to test it out in a bit to see if that was the issue.