RC Champion

Well this isn't starting out good...

Just picked up a 1/16 Summit VXL.
    Got home and took it out of the box,only to find the charger missing.
    Called them and they said to come back by and they would get me the(or a) charger.
    Problem is...the shop I got it from is a 25 mile drive from my house one way...and the weather is horrible out right now.
    I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to play with it.

Oh well.

This is my first Traxxas product,and my first RC car in about 10 years.

I guess since I can't drive it yet...I'll try to come up with a secure way to mount the GoPro camera to it tonight.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Sucks to wait, but you made a great buying decision. Youll love it when you get it up and running.

My suggestion to you right off the top is when you do go to your LHS (or you could go online to a place like tower hobbies and get things shipping in only a few days) pick up a faster charger. The included wall charger takes over 4 hours to charge a pack. Waiting is terrible. If you can only afford a cheap NIMH charger for now, no problem. Youll definitely be happy to spend the $$. But, if you can afford a decent lipo capable charger now, get that. You WILL end up with lipos down the road.

Most LHS's will overcharge you for something like a charger. Buying online from a place like tower will save you $$ and often times you get free shipping.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I've been searching the web and I'm guessing this is going to get expensive quick.lol.
    Oh well...it's only money.

Searched the FAQ's and couldn't find the answer to a trivial question I have...
    Do you have to reach a certain post count before signatures and avatar pics show up?

Figured I would go ahead and add a pic for the heck of it...

Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    I've been searching the web and I'm guessing this is going to get expensive quick.lol.
    Oh well...it's only money.

Searched the FAQ's and couldn't find the answer to a trivial question I have...
    Do you have to reach a certain post count before signatures and avatar pics show up?
    Signatures are enabled when you join. Avatars are a 3000+ post perk.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-08-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Traxxas seems to be out of the light kit that comes with 8 white and 2 red led's.
    Anywhere else this is available?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-08-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Content

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ill name the place to buy lipos... SPCracing... Price, quality, performance. No compromises.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-08-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    i'll second that!!! SPC batteries rock. well said surfer!!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-08-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    And the drama continues...
    Turns out the car has a bad ESC.
    Plugged a fully charged Lipo battery(yes I changed the setting to the Lipo setting)...and the ESC lasted about 5 seconds before it smoked.
    Called the dealership I bought it from and they are going to make good on it though.
    Looks like this Summit is a shelf piece for a few more days.

On an upper note...a local hobby shop has one of the F-150 Raptor bodies and he told me he would custom paint,trim and make it fit perfect for me for $50 for everything including the body.
    If I do this I want to paint it red with a black hood center and as close to factory Raptor graphics as possible.
    I'd rather have it blue...but my wheel rings are red since i have a white Summit.
    Unless...someone has a set of factory wheels/tires with the blue rings that they want to get rid of cheap.lol.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker