Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Anyone in to lifted 4X4's ?

Just thought Id see what you all had for full size trucks in here. Myself I drive a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 5.7L Hemi 4X4. Currently stored for winter months () so stuck driving the wifes Dodge Magnum

Heres a look at my rig anyway, let see yours

And the new wheels I just purchased that are going on in the spring with my new lift

E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    I lifted trucks. Soon I'm ordering some 35x12.50x17 tires for my truck. I've got a 2008 Ford f250.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    What tires you planning on going with ? I got the Nitto Mud Grapplers 35X12.5X18

RC Qualifier
    I wanted something aggressive but no too aggressive, so I'm thinking toyo open countrys or nitto Terra graplers.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, too aggressive and you'll get alot of road noise. I was warned of this with mine, but they look to wicked to care lol. Plus I dont use my truck as a daily driver.

RC Qualifier
    Yea they do look sweet. My first option was the Kumho Road Venture MT. They look aggresive but ive heard they have good road manners.

RC Qualifier
    Have you got a llift in your F250 ? Although that truck might clear 35's with no lift, other than maybe a level kit. In the above picture I have a level kit in the front and 3" lift rear shackles in the back. It looks alittle silly with the flares and crappy stock wheels, but I got ramy before I put it away and didnt have the wheels yet,lol. I think with the BL I get exactly what Im after. Im not gonna wheel this truck as I have a bogger ATV for that, so I didnt really want a high end suspension set up for now anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody wheels View Post
    Yea they do look sweet. My first option was the Kumho Road Venture MT. They look aggresive but ive heard they have good road manners.
    I just googled those tires, look awesome.

RC Qualifier
    I can clear the 35s with no lift but im thinking of leveling it. Looks better that way.

RC Qualifier

This is my brothers 2008 gmc Sierra 1500 gas, chipped. It's has a 12 inch cognito lift with 3 inches of body lift. He is running 24 inch KMC MONSTER rims with 38 inch kumho road venture mt's. It has true dual exhaust and bushwacker fenderflares. No tire rubbing just had to trim the plastic airdam a little bit so when the suspension compresses he doesn't rub the bumper. Any questions just ask.

Edit: he also has smoked taillights and custom leather seats with the Bose stereo system and the cubbys under the rear seats have subs in them. And I have to say those tires are great absolutely no highway noise and very smooth ride. Only one problem.... New tires cost 6000 with taxes... Yeah you read right. The lift also has fox racing shox
    Last edited by Iceroad2; 01-08-2013 at 05:30 PM.

RC Qualifier

My pride and joy. Just kidding! C'MON MAN!
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post

That's an expensive fail haha.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    haha thats a monster truck with a chevy body and smaller wheels.

RC Champion
    Here's my truck. I'm going with a 4" suspension lift in April when I gettin income tax back. Also going with some 35x12r20 open country AT/2's this spring

RC Champion
    MT's are nice looking but they wear out waaay too fast

RC Qualifier
    I've got a 6" lift on my F 150, I love big trucks, I'd like an 8" lift but its not practical to high to use as a truck.

RC Qualifier
    fireman, you will not be dissapointed in the nitto tires, we run 'em on our 05 dodge... and this is a thread about LIFTED trucks, not the stock lift... here is some of our rigs:

this is mine and my Father's project, a 77 Dodge Powerwagon, it has a 8 inch lift, and a 2 inch body lift, the truck is currently running 40" irok tires (the picture i posted is outdated due to a broken camera) this beast is running a blown 440 big block

next up is our town truck. yes, our town truck is a long bed 4 door pickip with a 6 inch lift running a 5.9L Diesel motor with a bullydog chip picture:

The next truck is my Brother's truck: it has a 6 in lift, 20 inch XD rims, offroad flares, and a vynal wrap.
    Picture:

and this is just a picture of the heart underneath the hood of the 77 powerwagon:
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

Love the Powerwagon! My favorite trucks of the older generations, wish I could get one to fix up! Maybe one day!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Cummins eh? You should get a smarty chip for that thing!

RC Qualifier
    Sweet Rig's Kenny. Yeah Ive herd both good and bad about the Mud Grapplers. But I dont care either way they look sooooo cool

RC Champion
    @fireman, just wondering as to why your storing your 4x4 1500? especially in winter when a truck is the most fun!
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Love the Powerwagon! My favorite trucks of the older generations, wish I could get one to fix up! Maybe one day!
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Iceroad2 View Post
    Cummins eh? You should get a smarty chip for that thing!
    it has a bully dog performance chip

Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Sweet Rig's Kenny. Yeah Ive herd both good and bad about the Mud Grapplers. But I dont care either way they look sooooo cool
    Thank you, they are such good gripping tires, the newest set we have purchased seems like the side walls are kinda soft.. but i think it was just a minor problem that one time

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    MT's are nice looking but they wear out waaay too fast
    My open country MT's on my F-350's always last 80-90k km's on mostly gravel roads with two quads on the deck, thought that was pretty good...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post
    fireman, you will not be dissapointed in the nitto tires, we run 'em on our 05 dodge... and this is a thread about LIFTED trucks, not the stock lift... here is some of our rigs:

this is mine and my Father's project, a 77 Dodge Powerwagon, it has a 8 inch lift, and a 2 inch body lift, the truck is currently running 40" irok tires (the picture i posted is outdated due to a broken camera) this beast is running a blown 440 big block

next up is our town truck. yes, our town truck is a long bed 4 door pickip with a 6 inch lift running a 5.9L Diesel motor with a bullydog chip picture:

The next truck is my Brother's truck: it has a 6 in lift, 20 inch XD rims, offroad flares, and a vynal wrap.
    Picture:

and this is just a picture of the heart underneath the hood of the 77 powerwagon:
    Is that a holley street charger on the power wagon?
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Qualifier
    we have no clue, it is un marked, but it looks like a b&n blower

RC Qualifier
    No I don't like 4x4s I only have 7 of them

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post

Picture:

Mind if I steal that engine pic?
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    Love this thread. I love big lifted trucks. I just wish i had one. I have a Toyota 4runner......I know right? Pathetic. My dad gave me that when he got his 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie with 6" lift and XD rockstars.

RC Competitor

This is my brothers 2008 gmc Sierra 1500 gas, chipped. It's has a 12 inch cognito lift with 3 inches of body lift. He is running 24 inch KMC MONSTER rims with 38 inch kumho road venture mt's. It has true dual exhaust and bushwacker fenderflares. No tire rubbing just had to trim the plastic airdam a little bit so when the suspension compresses he doesn't rub the bumper. Any questions just ask.

Edit: he also has smoked taillights and custom leather seats with the Bose stereo system and the cubbys under the rear seats have subs in them. And I have to say those tires are great absolutely no highway noise and very smooth ride. Only one problem.... New tires cost 6000 with taxes... Yeah you read right. The lift also has fox racing shox

TAR BABY!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post

Dude! Dude! Don't turn!!! NO, really! It'll tip right over.... WOW!!! Colossal FAIL!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    TAR BABY!!!
    haha you bet man. My bro wants to take it mudding sometime but I said he should pay It off first! It's nuts though its so high that when you are going 100kmh it feels like 60kmh, we were going 130kmh one time and I thought we were going 100kmh!

RC Qualifier
    If I remember i'll get some new pics of mine. Its just really dirty now.

RC Qualifier
    I love 4x4s. Mine is completely stock, except the sound system, though but has a small Nissan factory lift ( a 4x4 thing for that half year ). Much taller then most of them from that era. That little VG30 in there is said to love boost. Should be able to fit a VG30ETT twin turbo setup on it as it sits, maybe with the upgraded oil pump, and get get 250-300+ wheel horse. I think she needs a low boost supercharger. And a couple inches lift and maybe 2 more inches of tire.

Got to play in the snow today. Forgot how much All terrains tear up the ground and how much they like to dig.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe get head studs so you don't wreck your head with those turbos. Idk how big of a deal it is but on diesels anything more than 1 turbo has to have studs because of all the boost created. I have seen whole heads lift off the block form boost.

Sent from my super super fast iPhone 4S in white!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE View Post
    @fireman, just wondering as to why your storing your 4x4 1500? especially in winter when a truck is the most fun!
    I get asked this question often lol. I purchased my truck when it was just a little over a year old. I paid cash for it and have taken extremly good care of it. I just look at it like the biggest investment Ive made back then and want to keep it in mint shpae. You know how you see a cuda or charger ( or any other sweet old car/truck) on Barret Jackson or something like that ? and think I used to have one when I was younger ? Well I want this to be a truck I can hand down to my son. I know its nothing fancy to most guys but I love it , and in 20 years when cars are running on tap water or batteries, the hemi will be a power house lol. I only drive it about 2-3 k a year. I have other vehicles for daily use.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe get head studs so you don't wreck your head with those turbos. Idk how big of a deal it is but on diesels anything more than 1 turbo has to have studs because of all the boost created. I have seen whole heads lift off the block form boost.

Sent from my super super fast iPhone 4S in white!
    I've seen some pretty crazy turboed diesels. A buddy of mine has a 2500 dodge with a 6 inch lift and some mods. He didn't buy a boost gauge high enough. It hit 45lb and bounced. The exhaust temps rise at about the same speed as boost. It'll squeak the tires when shifting into 5th. When we wheel it the goal on hill climbs is can we keep the wheels spinning in 3rd or 4th.

To my knowledge, the ETT is 99% the same as the standard VG30. It's also a low boost setup and no inter cooler needed. Just something special for the old z cars. The old VG30s respond amazingly well to boost.

A company tried to build on naturally asperated and managed 250hp after $10,000 into the motor. People are doing 700+hp on stock bottom ends at 15-20lb of boost. Highest I know of is 1000 wheel horse at 25lb of boost. That was in an rx7 using small block Chevy v8 mounts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    I've seen some pretty crazy turboed diesels. A buddy of mine has a 2500 dodge with a 6 inch lift and some mods. He didn't buy a boost gauge high enough. It hit 45lb and bounced. The exhaust temps rise at about the same speed as boost. It'll squeak the tires when shifting into 5th. When we wheel it the goal on hill climbs is can we keep the wheels spinning in 3rd or 4th.

To my knowledge, the ETT is 99% the same as the standard VG30. It's also a low boost setup and no inter cooler needed. Just something special for the old z cars. The old VG30s respond amazingly well to boost.

A company tried to build on naturally asperated and managed 250hp after $10,000 into the motor. People are doing 700+hp on stock bottom ends at 15-20lb of boost. Highest I know of is 1000 wheel horse at 25lb of boost. That was in an rx7 using small block Chevy v8 mounts.
    Yeah I am a huge dodge/cummins,hemi fan! I love the sound of a cummins flat out pulling the sled! Or when a diesel has a turbo bark.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I am a huge dodge/cummins,hemi fan! I love the sound of a cummins flat out pulling the sled! Or when a diesel has a turbo bark.
    I love the cummin engine. That rig had a filter on the end if the turbo and you could hear turbo whistle at an idle. It was also 5" strait piped. It would do smoke rings at an idle when cold. Was a fun rig to bomb about in.

RC Qualifier

In all seriousness, I'd like to figure out a way of mounting a flat screen to the underside of
    my truck bed. That way when me and my bro Chad are chillin, we can catch up on Oprah.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Racer

1998 jeep cherokee 4" lift locked front and rear, np231/dana300 doubler
    4x4 slash
    08 F350 6.4 diesel