RC Competitor

Will the next XO-1 have the Corvette Body Shell

I would love to see the XO-1 have the 1978 Corvette body shell. The XO-1 body shell is alright. But it needs that every man appearance like those old muscle cars of the late 1960's to the early 1970's body shells. It would ok to the Lamborghini Countash or Lancia Stratos Group 5 body shell. Let's get a little variety with the XO-1 body shells.

RC Qualifier
    There's a reason the XO-1 isn't shaped like a brick which is probably the same reason the fastest real cars on the road these days aren't either.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    There's a reason the XO-1 isn't shaped like a brick which is probably the same reason the fastest real cars on the road these days aren't either.
    True. But I was implying about it in a collectible sense. Traxxas should create a few body shells for the XO-1. Besides, most folks who buy the XO-1 are not going to maximize the car's full potential any way as far as breaking the speed barrier is concerned.

RC Racer
    +1 on a different body. Aventador LP 700-4 would be AWESOME!!!

RC Racer
    I wish that someone would make a Dodge Challenger body for these. I would buy 20 of them along with some Hemi Orange spray bombs so I could match my car.

RC Qualifier
    this allready blue painted lambo murci body cost me almost $100 and was intended to be the shelf queen body for the XO-1 , so much for that . Now debatin on buying a ferrari f430 body at almost same price but it allready comes prepainted red and I dont know if I wanna buy it just because id rather have it in a differnt color but no one offers it like that .

XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    I just want someone to come out with one with more downforce so I can go faster without having to add weights to the car.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    what about adding some side wings to the front splitter

RC Enthusiast

Le Mans prototype body

these would give max downforce

only if FG still made these 1/5 scale bodys

i'd use two EDF units or one big one to create more downforce
    like these F1 fan prototypes from the good old days. The car suck's to the ground like a vacuum, They where banned because of the huge advantage they had through the corners.

and the Redbull X2012 uses this fan tech to achieve cornering at over 400km//h
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/supercarfreak/5518085774/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeado66/5378667310/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPECcmB59Kw
    Last edited by John McClane; 01-14-2013 at 07:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I would love to see the XO-1 have the 1978 Corvette body shell. The XO-1 body shell is alright. But it needs that every man appearance like those old muscle cars of the late 1960's to the early 1970's body shells. It would ok to the Lamborghini Countash or Lancia Stratos Group 5 body shell. Let's get a little variety with the XO-1 body shells.
    I think a 78' Corvette body would be so cool because I grew up riding around in my dad's. However it would only be good for display or low gear / lower speed drifting or racing. I think a newer C6 ZO-1 or ZR-1 body could get the job done though. I don't know if I like looks of the new 2014 C7 body style yet. I'm sure it could handle 100mph just fine.

XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    I wish they come out with that body , but they wouldnt because they probably dont wanna pay for the licensing to make it .

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    here a guy from another forum tha did 2 different wheelbase XO-1 (325mm and 360mm)
    http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171876
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |