RC poster

What are the best driveshafts for the emaxx or e-revo

im so sick of breaking these cheap plastic drive shafts and breaking these cheap mip drive shafts. I know tvr ball x are suppose to be really good, but to expensive, what else is really good out there? Thanx guys

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For axles you can't beat summit axles. But you need all long ones!
    For center driveshafts I use traxxas cvds so far so good

RC Racer
    I only use Traxxas CVD's on the trucks I run. So far they have been great.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerss1 View Post
    Had my traxxas CVD's for a while now so far so good, and they are easy to fix if you did break one.

RC poster
    I had the traxxas cvd. They suck. The way I bash, They would bend like crazy. I need something stronger. I should just buy the tvr x ball. Its $75 for 2 plus $15 shipping. $90 total. IDK. Maybe Ill try the summit. But I broke them too with my summit brushlesss. I love traxxas but they need to do something with the drive shafts. The center ones are great. Why cant they maje dog bones like the savage flux has. RAAAAHHH

RC Qualifier
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the LOSI LST2 XXL driveshafts ( with some mods made with appropiate drivecups and axle carries to house them ) the best for the Emaxx?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Same reason the diffs aren't that great!

RC Racer
    Have you tried UE steel shafts?

RC Champion
    The losi lst2 xxl get good reviews on here. I have them on one of my trucks. I've ran it hard on 6s twice on pavment before the snow, and no problems. And there cheap on ebay. But do require some modifications to fit properly.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerss1 View Post
    +1 I have them on my erevo, and emaxx, so far great.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm using the summit axles on all 4 corners and also on the center driveshafts...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Racer
    +1 on the Traxxas cvd's, but if they aren't good enough for your driving style you may hunt down some UE 8mm. driveshafts, and then you don't have to worry about driveshafts anymore.
    www.rcgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=2166

RC Qualifier
    My Traxxas steel CVD's lasted a single run on 6S. That bent one and snapped the dog bone in another. The car never even left the ground.......that was just the torque eating them.

Converted to the Losi XXL's. Took a little modding to get them to fit but they haven't even looked like giving me any drama's so far.

RC Champion
    You can also modify the rpm carriers to fit the losi xxl with a 8x16x5mm outer and shim a 15x24x5mm inner bearing with a spacer behind to place the dogbone in the cup. Much better than the stock rpm bearing set up. The hardest part is being able to make a jig to redrill the holes in the axle to line up with hub. or you can do like some do and just put a spacer behind and move hub out to line up with existing hole in the axle. And save the traxxas cvds for 4s. LOL

RC Qualifier
    how did you break the mip cvd's? i thought that they were pretty much bullet proof

RC Racer
    My Traxxas CVD's have held up perfect on 5s for about 6 months now. I constantly do standing backflips with it and jump it. I have my slipper as tight as I can possibly get it, so I'm sure there isn't much slipping going on there. I abuse my runner, but I built the drivetrain to be what I thought was bulletproof and so far it has been. Sounds like maybe you just got some bad shafts or something??? On another note, just about every MIP shaft I have owned is bent. If I do find that the traxxas shafts aren't holding up I will be going to UE.

RC poster
    I guess Ill just save up for these. I hear they are the best and they dont break. '

http://www.tvrrc.com/product1/ball_x...vo_summit.html

Take a look. I seen these in my rc driver magazine. $75 for one pair. Thats $150 for 4. Plus shipping. frikking nuts,

RC Qualifier
    Hey Do you think they are stronger than the LOSI XXL LST2 Driveshafts?
    Does anyone know how to install LOSI XXL LST2 Driveshafts with FLM Hybrid Bulkheads and Tekno Axle Carriers? Anyone know the part number for the correct Tekno Axle Carriers for the Losi XXL LST2 Driveshafts for an Emaxx 3908 with FLM Hybrid Bulkheads? What would I need to get to make this work ? Or are the TVRRC driveshafts betteR?

RC Champion
    I did exactly what you're asking about. The bearing size that you need is listed below the tekno carriers:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8959608
    The cups for the caster diffs that come with the hybrid bulks don't hold the xxl driveshafts the tightest so there is a little slop. You can put rubber o rings around the pins at the ends though to fix that or you can use vorza diffs like I did later on after killing the castor ones. The vorza cups hold the xxl shafts very nicely with no noticeable slop.

I have not heard of a single person on this forum who has used those xball cvds

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They look pretty tough!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, But I figure a replacement Traxxas Steel Driveshaft is under $7 and from what I hear, traxxs Steel Shafts are tough. Those in the link do looks steller! Anyone have any suggestions what drive cups are best for FLM Chasis with FLM Hybrid Bulkheads? Anyone have any suggestions on what DriveCups are best for Traxxas Steel Driveshafts?

RC Champion
    Are you talking ultimate or combo hybrids?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Hey , thanks, i was talking about ultimate : FLM18750 part number for example, im stranded and would like to know the best cups, etc to use, thanks slw-svt and anybody else who can help

RC Champion
    the hpi cups that I have listed in my thread fit perfectly with the xxl lst2 axles and they fit in the caster diffs. The ultimate bulks come with outdrives that you can use with the traxxas cvd's.

RC Qualifier
    Hey Thanks for all your advise, I'm almost there with having my Emaxx with FLM Hybrid Ultimate Bulkhead sport LOSI XXL LST2 Axles with Tekno Axle Carriers. I found the HPI Cups you mentioned in your thread, the HPI 101060, I'm just wondering if these Tekno Axle Carriers are the ones I need : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-R-C-TK...item460b8f1fc6

And If I will need to get bearings to work? ? Also do you have the part number for the 17mm Tekno adapters or could I just my Traxxas ones? Thank you very much, you have been a great help to me