RC poster

Revo 3.3 single speed conversion.

Hey all I did a tekno conversion on a revo 3.3 a few years back and I just wanted to ask if any one had or knew where I could get single speed plate that Oomp was making awhile back. I have a Paypal for the payment. I just want to use my revo without the gears getting worn out when it shifts into second. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    just do the 2nd gear 3 screws method locked. the stock plastic gears do strip still with few runs along with the top input gear so what i did was, i use the RR hardened steel gears (2nd gear 38t and top gear18t). never had any problem stripping gears anymore.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC poster
    Ok thank you very much you don't really need first gear and it would be nice to have reverse. Do you have any pictures by chance. I have seen the mod before.

heres my RR 2nd gear locked

stock plastic gear

all RR gears inside.

RC poster
    Thanks nice transmission. Ill try the stock plastic first it seems like people have some luck with the plastic ones. When they blow ill get some rrs. Thanks again.

no problem. most of the time that will strips are the top gear due to the BL torque. if you can find just the RR 2nd gear 38t then also find the top gear RR 18t. 18t/38t are the wide ratiom, thats what i have now for speed.