RC Enthusiast

First time at the beach with the raptor

Followed suggestions from folks on the forum about running on sand; installed 32p gears, added tamiya axle boots to the driveshafts and moved up to the brushless velineon. At home, the raptor runs an old ballfield for a track. Small jumps but mainly like running on a sprint car dirt track.

Made sure I ran on hardpack sand here at the beach. It is so much fun to be able to run flat out for long straights and powerslide the corners. Built a few jumps too.

TRaxxas spec tires work just fine on the hardpack. In fact, they almost bite too good in the corners that it's sometimes hard to get it to powerslide.

Fun fun fun.

RC Qualifier
    oh man, you really gotta be real careful when you take any rc's to the beach. personally, it was the biggest mistake i've ever
    made with rc's. mip's rusted, screws rusted, axles rusted to the bearings, big pain in the neck if you ask me.
    "That don't make NO sense!"

That's why i don't play in the snow much,only if i have to check a trans or something i built for someone.Buy the time you blow it all out with air and clean all the crap back up,it's more work than building a simple trans.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    oh man, you really gotta be real careful when you take any rc's to the beach. personally, it was the biggest mistake i've ever
    made with rc's. mip's rusted, screws rusted, axles rusted to the bearings, big pain in the neck if you ask me.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    What?!?!? Your telling me I can't drive for five months!! I live in Utah so get tons of snow that I love to bash in. The snow is at least easier to clean then the sand. Just use a blow dyer and it melts right of and then you can dry everything real well too. Have fun and bash hard

Never said you couldn't,I just said for me its not worth the hasel,and you will find snow melts in places you cant see and compressed air doesn't all ways get all the moisture..I live in upper Michigan,i know all a bout snow,I race all summer.I don't bash at all.But i spend most of my winter months fixing other peoples rc,s so when summer comes we spend every weekend at the track.
    As long as your having fun,and don't mind the up keep,go for it.Fun is number one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    What?!?!? Your telling me I can't drive for five months!! I live in Utah so get tons of snow that I love to bash in. The snow is at least easier to clean then the sand. Just use a blow dyer and it melts right of and then you can dry everything real well too. Have fun and bash hard
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Enthusiast
    I know it can be a pain but I'm here for 2 months. Nothing but sand. The only other thing I've noticed (and planned for) are extra spur gears. The sand is pretty hard on those. But I don't get near the water, run on hardpack and blow it off after every session. Truly the dry sand doesn't hardly stick to the chassis. I'll give it a thorough cleaning when I get back to the dirt track and likely install new wheel bearings and such just to be sure.