RC poster

Replacement Chassis for Rustler VXL.

I broke my chassis on the bottom side where the pin goes through the rear lower control arm. It appears to be an extremely weak point of the chassis. I searched the internet for a replacement, but I can only seem to find aluminum, and I don't really want to spend the money. Can anyone direct me to a stock replacement for the Rustler VXL? Thanks in advance.

RC Champion
    RPM makes the rear control arm . Did you brake the control arm or the transmission case ? Hears the pdf on the rear . http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...r_100118_0.pdf
    1 Rusty VXL

Sounds like you broke a transmission case and not the chassis.

RC poster
    You guys are right. I broke the the transmission case and not the chassis. The control arm is intact, its the transmission case. I'm new to this game. So, where can I get a reliable transmission case?

RC Champion
    Your lhs or buytraxxas.com or ebay . You'll hv to take everything out of you old case and put it in the new case . I would wait till you get a new case before tearing it apart that way you can just transfer parts over to new case .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    Hears an upgrade for the transmission case off ebay . http://www.ebay.com/itm/RPM-73612-Tr...item5aed0198c5 or go with the stock one witch be a little cheaper .
    Last edited by rhardy60; 01-06-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    1 Rusty VXL

Quote Originally Posted by jcsullivan105 View Post
    You guys are right. I broke the the transmission case and not the chassis. The control arm is intact, its the transmission case. I'm new to this game. So, where can I get a reliable transmission case?
    If you're looking for something other than stock, there are quite a few options. I would go with one that has replaceable arm mounts, so that if it happens again you won't have to replace the entire trans case. FLM, RPM, and Hot Racing are a few options with that setup.

RC Champion
    Hear is the stock case for under 10 . http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Slas...item3ccdcf8620
    1 Rusty VXL

RC poster
    I like the idea of replaceable control arm mounts, as it seems pretty vulnerable. Will any of those upgraded models work with the Traxxas wheelie bar?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsullivan105 View Post
    I like the idea of replaceable control arm mounts, as it seems pretty vulnerable. Will any of those upgraded models work with the Traxxas wheelie bar?
    I would say yas on the RMP an stock , but not sure on the others harry said .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC poster
    Cool. Thanks fellas.

RC Champion
    I run the rpm transmission, and it's been great. Much better than the stock one. Plus, it gives you the option to have 3 degrees of toe-in, something that helps the rustler a lot.

Here is my Hot Racing tranny installed:

Stay away from Golden Horizons transmissions.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...