RC Competitor

yet another problem

well something is wrong with my truck now.. i have 2 batteries for it the stock 3000 mah and i have a 5000 mah nimh as well. i ran the truck first with the stock one ran great everything worked properly. then i took about a 10 min break and ran the truck with the other battery. i noticed the reverse wasnt working.. i picked it up and went forward a bit and noticed when the tires came to a stop they started spinning backwards by themselves ? i then looked at the esc and noticed theres no red light on it, i couldnt get it to shutoff unless i pulled the battery pack out. i then put the stock battery pack in thinking it may be the battery since it just happened when i swapped them. it still didnt work and the esc kept flashing green? im new to this stuff.. thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    Try messing with your throttle trim. The way to access it is in the 2.4ghz manual. Or in the trucks manual.
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisiq93 View Post
    well something is wrong with my truck now.. i have 2 batteries for it the stock 3000 mah and i have a 5000 mah nimh as well. i ran the truck first with the stock one ran great everything worked properly. then i took about a 10 min break and ran the truck with the other battery. i noticed the reverse wasnt working.. i picked it up and went forward a bit and noticed when the tires came to a stop they started spinning backwards by themselves ? i then looked at the esc and noticed theres no red light on it, i couldnt get it to shutoff unless i pulled the battery pack out. i then put the stock battery pack in thinking it may be the battery since it just happened when i swapped them. it still didnt work and the esc kept flashing green? im new to this stuff.. thanks in advance
    Your on/off button on the ESC might be sticking, a common problem. Try spraying a little WD-40 on it and pushing it in/out a few times. If you're still having a problem, call Traxxas Support. They're great to work with and will help you troubleshoot it and send you a replacement if necessary.

RC Competitor
    check the 50/50 - 70/30 switch on the trasmitter. I swapped mine and forgot to re-calibrate the throttle and some weird things started happening.

RC Competitor
    i put new batteries in my controller one of the four was dead. it seems to be working fine now, i sprayed some wd 40 on the button as well but it turns on and shuts off properly now.. just weird that the reverse wouldnt work but the forward did. youd think if the battery in the remote was dead it wouldnt let it go forward or reverse ?

RC Qualifier
    i put new batteries in my controller one of the four was dead. it seems to be working fine now, i sprayed some wd 40 on the button as well but it turns on and shuts off properly now.. just weird that the reverse wouldnt work but the forward did. youd think if the battery in the remote was dead it wouldnt let it go forward or reverse ?
    It's like a little mini computer so weird things can happen when you don't have the correct voltage present. It's best to replace the transmitter batteries all at once so they wear down at the same rate. The WD 40 tip came from a guy at Traxxas Support.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    It's like a little mini computer so weird things can happen when you don't have the correct voltage present. It's best to replace the transmitter batteries all at once so they wear down at the same rate. The WD 40 tip came from a guy at Traxxas Support.
    yea i did replace them all.. funny how only 1 died when the other 3 still had 50% charge left and i put them all in at the same time.. thanks for the help

RC Qualifier
    yea i did replace them all.. funny how only 1 died when the other 3 still had 50% charge left and i put them all in at the same time.. thanks for the help
    I used to be the engineering manager at Duracell before they shipped all the battery making equipment we designed and built to Malaysia. Worked myself out of a job making it to good! Anyway, most batteries are made in places like that and China now, and the quality sucks and variability is statistically poor compared to what is used to be. Duracell is probably still the best though. I manage a warehouse distribution operation now. Used to sell Rayovac but too many leakers ruined equipment and short life. Energizer is about on a par with Duracell, but not as good as the Duracell Pro-V - the Cadillac of alkaline batteries. That's what most of the cops and fire departments/EMT's use. I just had to replace the batteries in my transmitter today as I left it on the last time I used it and was getting the red flash on the green light saying they were about to be history.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the battery lesson, I figure a ton of forum members have interesting jobs. I fix concrete trucks.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Yup, 1 of the 4 batteries in the tx may have been subpar to start with, making it fail first out of the 4...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???