RC Competitor

What to get next???

I am looking for something new. I was leaning towards the 1/16 mustang because I love them and always wanted one, but always decided on something else. But with traxxas now adding lipos to the brushless systems and raising the price I've been thinking. I have a slash vxl just sitting around not being used, so why not get a car with the titan motor that is brushless ready and just swap out electronics. So my question is, which cars are brushless ready(or really close) with a budget of around $300? I've looked at the info for the cars on the products page, but all that stuff blurs together after awhile.

Here are some of the cars I was looking at.
    bandit(which ive started leanin towards more)
    1/16mustang(i know its a stretch, but i have nothing but time on my hands to figure something out)
    the monster truck series
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

Do you run on road or off? Do you want speed? You want to race? I have heard the 1/16 is really suited more to all smooth surfaces, but in your post you are really kind of all over the place with what you are looking for.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Competitor
    Lol. Guess I am. I have the pede 4x4, so offroad bashing is covered. I guess I am looking for something I can run on smooth flat surfaces, like my garage. I just want something fun. I guess if I get bored of the garage I might want to take it outside, but just on roadways and driveways. Eventually, I will want to hand the car off to my son, so getting something that is brushed but brushless ready is what I was thinking.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Racer
    well from what you are saying you are gonna stay onroad most of the time. so the 1/16 should work just fine your ya. the mustang or the rally are both sweet little rc's.

If you have the stampede already, why not go for something relative and get a 4wd rally, same parts and layout so you are familiar already, and all traxxas esc can be toned down to half power for the young ones. Believe me I have seen vxl power in the hands of a 4 year old. Lots of grass rooster tales!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Believe me I have seen vxl power in the hands of a 4 year old. Lots of grass rooster tales!
    Oh I know. I had to sneeze when i was "sharing" with my 3yr old, and well, let's just say he gave me an excuse to upgrade a few parts, lol.

Were you talking the 1/10 or 1/16? I'm thinking of getting the 1/16 first, then when i hand it over, I'll get myself the bigger one. That way he has one just like daddy.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

I was thinking of the 1/10 since it shares all the parts that the stampede and slash 4x4 do, the 1/16th is based on the mini revo platform i believe.

RC Competitor
    I just dont know if I am ready to drop another $500 on a single rc. I have so much already invested between the cars, planes, and helis. I guess I just want something different as well. That is why I was thinking 1/16 cars, new platform and easier to play with in the garage since it likes to rain this time of year.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Competitor
    Picked up the 302 vxl
    I will be picking up the 1/10 rally next month

Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl