RC poster

2.5 Engine use in Slayer

I've looked into downgrading to the 2.5 and plenty of people are saying it would still have plenty of power because the Slayer is practically the Revo 2.5 chassis (I can tell!).

But there's a few questions I have about doing so...

1) Is the crankshaft on the 2.5 the same as the 3.3, and will it accept the clutch no problem?

2) Should I use the air intake that came with the Slayer, or the stock one on the 2.5?

3) Any engine mounting mods need to be done?

4) What about the exhaust? Use the Resonator or the black plastic muffler from my retired Rustler?

I'm using Byron 30% fuel but will probably downgrade that as well. I'm honestly that huge of gung-ho racer as much I am just a back yard burner. Thanks in advance for any answers!

RC Qualifier
    The clutch will work fine. No mounting issuers. Definately use the slayer air filter and resonator pipe.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

The 3.3 engine was designed to replace the 2.5 engine with no mods at all so you can go back to the 2.5 engine and not need to do any mods ether.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    I tried it and it really tamed the beast. It's still plenty fast and has more than enough torque. It's also behaves a lot better. I went back to the 3.3 after my experiment only because I wanted to do the same experiment on my Jato, but otherwise is have left it in the and would be totally satisfied.