RC Racer

E-Slayer Transmission Question.

Would the E-Revo or the Summit 2 speed transmission be better for a E-Slayer conversion. I thought the Summit would be better, just because if the track was big I could use 2nd gear. And if the track was small and tight I could use 1st gear.

RC Racer
    If you want two gears may want to add a second gear to a revo i think the summit 1st would be to low. Need to double check that but i'm pretty sure that you can get a closer gear ratio for the revo trans besides the one that comes in the summit. Or maybe swap over too a nitro 2 speed set up but i don't know what would be involved

RC Racer
    Was looking at your build post see your planning on a mmp and 2800 you will be working that set up pretty good with this may want to look for a mm 2200 combo and with that you wont need 2 gears.

RC Racer
    I ordered a Summit transmission. If it is too low I can get a closer ratio to make it better. I don't plan on shifting gears while on the track, but more of a 1st gear for tight tracks and 2nd gear for bigger tracks. And a Revo 3.3 2 speed is not what I want to do. I have a Revo 3.3 with a brushless conversion on it with the two speed. I do like it, but I want a Electric trans for this build.

MadScrapper: I have used MMP in 1/8 buggys without one problem. And this E-Slayer with lighter wheel and smaller will not pull the amps that a 1/8 buggy will on a track. I will be running 4s, Medium start power, and 0 to 3 timing. I am not sure of what pinion to use. For a spur I will use a 68 mod.8 and adjust from there. If I do run in too heat problems I will get another ESC but not the Mamba Monster, because they do not have a sensor port. And a Mamba Monster is not that much stronger then a Mamba Max Pro.