Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 72 Chevy truck

RC Champion
    I know you have a 4x4, but I think you should put the topper back on, and make a sleeper. Check this out. Chevy all the way. Peace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zcPHHEea3lE
    Last edited by ajcar; 11-21-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier

72 Chevy truck

Alright a little up date, I got her out of the cold and into the shop!!

I grabbed one of the spare 33"s to try on and I like the look a whole lot better!! its not a great picture unfortunately

I can't wait for it to be done!! Lol even though it hasn't really started!!
    Last edited by johnzillia54; 12-04-2013 at 05:54 PM.

RC Champion
    +1 on the 33 inch.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    I tried to get pics, he sold that truck and working on another, sorry. The LQ9 has the variable valve timing correct? That would be an awsome engine in that old truck. You could contact charlie wheatley, and get and ecm tuned for it. Around $300 including the ecm. You could get a wiring harness from painless pretty reasonable. Depending on the year you would have to have a throttle pedal, they are drive by wire from I think 04 and up. The harness will be stand alone, plug and play, with its own fuse box, just power and grounds. It just all depends on whether you want to deal with a carberator, and choke, or the ease of turn key and it starts. What is your alltitude where you are at? If the LQ9 is ready to go, it should not be to expensive to do, probably not any more than a good rebuild, depending the internal condition of your 400, and what you wanted to do to the 400. They also have some really cool e-rod setups from summit and jegs, engine, trans, ecm's, and harness. Some are pretty priciey though. My cousin is saving up for the one that is the same as the cadillac ctv engine. It is 500 plus hp, and 500 plus tq. He wants to put it in a 69 camaro. It is around 17,000$, big money to me, but would be very sweet. The possibilties are limit less. Just how deep are your pockets. LOL
    I do belive it have a variable valve timing, but im not to sure about the engine at the moment, lol but i do have more things to change so i have some time!

Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    I know you have a 4x4, but I think you should put the topper back on, and make a sleeper. Check this out. Chevy all the way. Peace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zcPHHEea3lE
    haha I love the farm truck! but I sold the topper!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    +1 on the 33 inch.
    Thanks man!! When I wear out the 31"s will either put 33"s or 35"s.

I NEED OPINIONS/SUGGESTIONS!!
    So I like the rally wheel I put on today (in the picture) but u have thought of getting aftermarket wheels but I'm but sure what brand or style! If you guys have any suggestions or opinions lets hear them!

Next thing I need help on, so last night I put some gas in the truck and the tank is in the cab. Well if yo go around a right corner to fast it will slosh out gas!! So I'm going to relocating the gas tank. What I need opinions in are where to put the filler neck, the two options I like best are either route the filler neck out the rear marker light or make a filler door kind of style.

Marker light

Door style

There's more I need opinions on but they are not on the top of my head at the moment

Thanks guys!

RC Qualifier
    Alright guys I need opinions on horsepower, in your opinion is 500 hp to much for a 4x4? With whatever horsepower I build the engine to I need a tranny to stand up to it. I'm going to build the tranny first so what hp should I build it to hold up to?
    Thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzillia54 View Post
    Alright guys I need opinions on horsepower, in your opinion is 500 hp to much for a 4x4? With whatever horsepower I build the engine to I need a tranny to stand up to it. I'm going to build the tranny first so what hp should I build it to hold up to?
    Thanks guys
    Budget pretty much determines that. It's not too much but less would be cheaper. What engine are you going with?

RC Racer
    A stock th400 will handle 500hp from a small block easily. I have a 450hp pontiac 400 in a 67 Bonneville with the stock th400 and even with a 37ft airstream I have went over 200 miles nonstop with no problems. It handles plenty of hard launches and other fun with no problems. The car runs across the local grain elevator scales at 5100lbs.
    KCCO