RC poster

New Body / Painting Help

Hey All,

I am very new to the RC world and the proud owner of a Stampede 4X4 VXL. I have bashed enough to need to replace the body and need some direction. I am actually quite happy with the stock body / colors and would prefer to simply replace it. Finding somewhere that sells that has proved difficult. I have found the pro graphix body at my local hobby store and online. I donít really care for the orange that is part of the color scheme. It also seems to indicate the additional painting is required. What I need is some direction. Can I buy an exact duplicate of the factory body that came with the truck? What kind of painting is required with the pro-graphics body? I guess I wouldnít mind getting into painting but currently I only own 1 vehicle and have no experience. Thanks for any direction or advice you can provide.

rml333

RC Competitor
    you can buy the stock factory body it came with on ebay.. thats where i get most of my parts cause the hobby shops around me dont have much

+1 on ebay dude but you should have a go of painting your self i did it the first time about 3 years ago and its easy for a basic paint job you can get vids on how do it on youtube and welcome to the forum man....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    My stock body cracked all over yesterday so I ended up buying a jconcepts f-250. The extra thickness in the lexan is a bonus. I found the stock bodies to be very thin. I thought painting was going to be hard, but I trimmed and painted the body in a few hours. Easier than I expected.
    You can get stock bodies on eBay, but if you bash your pede hard, you might want to consider a aftermarket body for the added durability.

And do the drywall tape and shoe goo mod and its as tuff as it could be there are vids on youtube that will help you do this mod and its easy too.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    And do the drywall tape and shoe goo mod and its as tuff as it could be there are vids on youtube that will help you do this mod and its easy too.....peace
    I'm still running the stock body daily on the 4x4 for 10 months now. Shoe gooed a few new cracks tonight. With the thin metal reinforced deck, duct tape patches with superglue, and about a tube of shoe goo on it in various places, I get more traction now - lol.
    I also run a ProLine Raptor that's holding up pretty well. I bought a used 2wd pede from my LHS and they threw in a brand new stock body. Haven't had the heart to put it on a scratch it yet though!

RC poster
    For painting the new body on 4x4 improvements in aerosols, paint materials, and pigments make spray painting are very quick and cost effective methods. The mettalic paints on the trucks provided rust protection and great durability.

metal tags
    Last edited by frank23; 01-10-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Give it a go and start with one color. I used white for a long time because it looks good as a single color and when you get the stickers applied it looks great.

Sent from my Super-Kindle.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...