RC Qualifier

E-maxx or stampede?

How does a Stampede 4X4 VXL compare to E-maxx 3905? I am asking as considering selling my E-maxx and buying the parts to convert my Slash 4X4 to Stampede seeing if worth while.

Its smaller and only needs one battery pack and is way stronger out the box but it can handle lots of hard bashing.parts are cheaper too and the diffs can take a beating too and best of all they are so much fun....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    depends on how you are going to use the vehicle. i own both, i love the stampede for jumping and bashing. but on small jumps and flat lands nothing can beat the e-maxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    depends on how you are going to use the vehicle. i own both, i love the stampede for jumping and bashing. but on small jumps and flat lands nothing can beat the e-maxx
    A stampede can be used for crazy stunts and can go off road with the best of them but i would love an emaxx but cant afford right now but in the future i am on it and will build it from the ground up using flm and rpm stuff ...peace

RC Qualifier
    IMHO, the stampede 4x4 vxl is one of the best r/c basher's out there!

Why?
    -->BRUSHLESS power!
    -->Lots of available parts
    -->Pretty tough out of the box
    -->It can take a lot of beating
    -->Very fast if 3S lipo is used
    -->Again, lots of aftermarket support <---Can't stress this enough!

RC Champion
    i also have both.

i love my e-maxx always. but even ill admit my stampede will out bash my e-maxx. im sorry e. watch my e-maxx blow up on me.
    you wouldnt have to sell your e-maxx. dont you only need a chassy, and minor parts if any. to swap to a stampede. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

My pede has been bashed hard for over 2 years and i know it would have cost me triple if it would have been a e maxx but i want to build one as tough as old boots using the best parts that i can find. but you can not go wrong with a stampede 4x4 at all thats why i would never get rid of it....peace

RC Champion
    Stampede FOR SURE. It is way more bashable in every aspect.
    And, only one battery.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    Stampede 4x4 FTW!!!
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody wheels View Post
    Stampede 4x4 FTW!!!
    Yeah buddy!
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You asked how they compare.

Essentially the Stampede 4X4 is half an Emaxx... Half the size, half the batteries, half the power but also half the weight. What goes up must come down... the heavier it is coming down the more stuff is likely to break. Furthermore, parts for a stampede are cheaper when they do break.

They both have their plusses. The Emaxx IS bigger so it CANT traverse more difficult terrain. its more impressive to drive. It FEELS good to have a truck that big flying around. BUT, the Stampede is more agile, it suffers less abuse in a crash because its lighter. It is also quite a bit simpler overall (drive train and general layout).

If cost is no option, the E-Revo is a better choice than an Emaxx IMO. But if your looking to change up trucks, the 4X4 Stampede is a VERY different animal than an Emaxx. Totally different driving experience, more than just size.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Stampede 4X4 for sure. Just the right size to work on, half the battery costs and other costs much lower too.
    There's so much available aftermarket you can tailor it to your needs no matter what they are.

RC Champion
    I always wanted a Emaxx. Glad I recieved our pede 4x4's and slash 4x4's instead. You will love your pede 4x4!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Yes, the Maxx is expensive. Yes, the Maxx is heavy. Yes, it's a pain to need two batteries to run it. I'm sure a 4x4 'Pede would be fun. I have a 2x4 'Pede and an E-Maxx. All this being said, I love my Maxx for bashing. You just can't beat that big beast that will move that fast! I have modded mine heavily, so it's pretty durable and it takes abuse as well as my Slash or any truck I've owned. As far as parts support goes, I don't think any model rivals the E-Maxx. But if you see my username, I am a little biased. The 1st gen E-Maxx was my first RC, and I've owned eight different Maxxes in various configurations. Pretty much all the Traxxas models are great in their own way. You just have to figure the cost and what you want to do with it and follow your heart.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    Stampede....I had both and sold the Emaxx. No way near as much fun and two battery's at a time sucks.

RC Qualifier
    Thank for all the reply, sorry for the lack of mine, (Did not realised that the thread had been moved) LOL…

So I have read all the comments and still now further forward.

I have a e-revo (which has been converted to a summit) E-maxx and Slash.

My though at the min are,
    My E-revo/summit which I use to trail and walk was bought to replace my e-maxx (never got around to selling it). The e-revo work similar to the e-maxx but with handling advantage (suspension, articulation off road capability) so the e-maxx is now collection more and more dust as I take the E-revo/summit out if walking or if going to bash take out the slash coz of the speed. But the off road capilty of the slash is very limited due to the ride height mainly.

My Slash 4x4 can easily be changes to a stampede with a set of wheels and tyres also moving the supersession high? Think that would be the main bits. Doing this would give me a truck that would only need one batt, fast and durable. But what about it going off road? How would it do?

So I could think about selling the e-maxx as a roller? Don’t know what it is worth? Which would pay for the parts required for the conversation. Sorry for al the woffal..,.