Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    I run 500k or marine wheel bearing grease in my diffs. I want them to lock up with out having them being locked.

That sux that they sent the wrong part. That's happened to me on a transmitter they sent beck and it was still broke. They ended up sending me a bran new transmitter for free and I got to keep the old one.
    Wow, very cool. Well thanks for the info, i just ordered some traxxas 100k from ebay. Keeping fingers crossed that i get the right oil lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    From the pic. It looks like front locker side.# 5678.lucky you get to open up a diff to replace the locker shaft.on a good note.pretty rare for that to break.so you shouldn't have to replace that again anytime soon

Sent using lipo power
    Is the locker shaft 5678? And what do you all use to clean out the motor? Some kind of electrical spray?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by his grace View Post
    I love your style!

Is the locker shaft 5678? And what do you all use to clean out the motor? Some kind of electrical spray?
    Yes that's the part # of the locker side shaft.I use electrical contact cleaner.
    I use non chlorinated brake cleaner if I don't have lectracleen I believe it was called around.most auto parts places will have one of the two

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Am I an idiot? I have been putting Super Tech Lithium Grease in my cups, diffs, and tranny. I don't think the diffs have been too lose or too tight on me. it'll balloon one tire just fine, which i think is what you want for high speed pasture bashing.

Last edited by satyrisci; 01-16-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by satyrisci View Post
    Am I an idiot? I have been putting Super Tech Lithium Grease in my cups, diffs, and tranny. I don't think the diffs have been too lose or too tight on me. it'll balloon one tire just fine, which i think is what you want for high speed pasture bashing.

That's basically what I use but water proof stuff. The marine grade for boat bearings. It helps keep moisture and water out.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone know the comparative weight? like 100k or 50k?

That's basically what I use but water proof stuff. The marine grade for boat bearings. It helps keep moisture and water out.
    Same here. I guess we all think the same!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    If I were to assign grease a "weight" it would be well above 100k IMHO, probably closer to 300k - 500k.

I don't believe there is a true comparison though, since oil "weight" is a comparison of oil viscosity compared to that of water. Grease on the other hand does not really "flow" anything like water, thus does not necessarily have a "weight"(like oil) assigned to it.

For it's purpose in our application, grease in our diffs appears to be a great solution for it's lubrication and locking properties.
    Last edited by Mayberry Kid; 01-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC Competitor
    Jayson
    Summit BL HW SC8 2000kV
    E-Revo MM2 2200kV

RC Racer
    Got the part in, anything that could go wrong has while trying to put this back together. Rocker arms came undune etc.... My 100k diff oil is not in yet, so I mixed grease with some 90wt and I am using that. Tired of this summit sitting on my kitchen table.

That is pretty much the most intensive job on the truck.everything else will be cake now..

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    That is pretty much the most intensive job on the truck.everything else will be cake now..

Sent using lipo power
    Three hours later and i am finally done. Only had one washer/spacer left over, not sure where it goes lol

Three hours later and i am finally done. Only had one washer/spacer left over, not sure where it goes lol
    Is it a bit thicker and metal?
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Is it a bit thicker and metal?
    Yes lol tell me what i did wrong

my exploded veiws do not show it....old book 3 years or so missing some other stuff too .lol
    you mentioned a rocker came off.the side of the diff locker shaft?If so
    remove rocker...... shim goes between rocker and chassis/bulkhead.can't remember for sure which side it is maybe the locker side to give clearance for the diff loc horn that seems logical simple fix
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    my exploded veiws do not show it....old book 3 years or so missing some other stuff too .lol
    you mentioned a rocker came off.the side of the diff locker shaft?If so
    remove rocker...... shim goes between rocker and chassis/bulkhead.can't remember for sure which side it is maybe the locker side to give clearance for the diff loc horn that seems logical simple fix
    Oh i see. I think you are right. It would slide down all the way on the locker shaft so i said screw it. But it should have stayed. If i have to rebuild my diff again i will just through my summit away lol

Oh i see. I think you are right. It would slide down all the way on the locker shaft so i said screw it. But it should have stayed. If i have to rebuild my diff again i will just through my summit away lol
    It sounds you did like me on my first one, and took apart more than you needed to.Now i can do one while having a conversation about the video i am watching with my buddy.kinda sad but i can have one out rebuilt and back running in half hour 40 minutes tops.If i have parts.Way too much practice my buddy has two i have one. lots of practice lots and lots of practice..lol
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    It sounds you did like me on my first one, and took apart more than you needed to.Now i can do one while having a conversation about the video i am watching with my buddy.kinda sad but i can have one out rebuilt and back running in half hour 40 minutes tops.If i have parts.Way too much practice my buddy has two i have one. lots of practice lots and lots of practice..lol
    Lol. I put my diff back three times just because i forgot my rubber washer on my new locker outshaft lol

I do use mine in some tough situations.so i expected more damage and breakage. but i seem to wear more parts out than break them outright.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I'm running a 20 tooth pinion on a brushless motor, and all I'm going through is bearings.

Motor specs:

Turns: 2.0D
    Poles: 4
    RPM/v: 2100 (21.5T)
    Voltage: 3~5s Lipoly
    Continuous Current: 80A
    Peak Current: 140A
    Resistance: 4.7mΩ
    No Load Current: 3.7A
    Dimension: 43 x 63.4mm
    Shaft Length: 20mm
    Shaft Diameter: 5mm
    Weight: 220g

But, I run my slipper a little lose.

RC poster
    I have the new Summit L and broke mine yesterday afternoon on 3rd run with it. Goofing around in back yard. Not trashing it or running it hard. Kind of surprised a truck this expensive broke this way this quick. At the hobby shop getting fixed. Felt I was in over my head breaking down the differential. Plus I need it back up and running quick! Have to take it to the ranch this weekend to REALLY give it a run. Can't wait. Thank you for the great thread, though. I'll definitely fix on my own next time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    What did you do to break it?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Did you break #5678 front locker side metal output?Ive seen a couple of those again...

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried