RC Champion

Ungluing without clouding black chrome finish - HOW!?!

The last time I boiled my rims, the mirror finish clouded up. What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way or better way?

I want to reuse the rims, tires.....about worn out anyway but I dont want to cut them off.

Any suggestions?

"Red"

Bake them. Preheat the oven to 450. Wrap the tires in tin foil and put them on a cookie sheet. Once the oven is heated, shut it off and then throw the tires in for about 15 minutes. Go outside or to the garage and unwrap the foil off the tires. They'll peel off nicely.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    yep, i just got done boiling 2 wheels/tires today and it got cloudy but, its OK...i'm going to spray over spray cleaner to get the black out.

try the car polish wax and tell me how that turns out. i spray it with WD40 and it bring back some of the chrome back.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Be careful with stock traxxas rims when they first come out of the oven. When they are really hot they bend easy.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    well there is always the hardheaded way of doing it, carefully cut between the bead and tire and cut it out. you will lose a great deal of time and you may lose atleast one finger tip but by gum itll be off the rim and it wont cloud up the chrome paint!
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

I used that goof off stuff in the yellow can and worked great had all 4 tires off and done in about 15mins or less when i did it just gotta be careful is all not to pull hard. its like acetone but i think its a little stronger and you dont have to soak it over night either. you have to wash the wheels and tires good but worth it and saves your foams as well. just a tip for you see if it works.
    DEU 8:18 ESV