RC Racer

Ultimate LCG Stampede: Wright-ification

I am putting this thread up for my brother, but this was all his idea. I don't know if this has ever been done on a 2wd stampede, but this somewhat resembles a jang-shapeshifter stampede 4x4.
    He took the esc and receiver off the mounting plate and put them in the battery tray, next he got this plastic box with Velcro from integy that he placed the battery in and he placed that underneath the truck itself in between the skid plates. Anyways, that's really the basis of his project, I myself have tried to flip this car when driving... It won't!

RC Champion
    looks good, but it is hard to tell what you actually did from the pics.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Champion
    Cool truck! You should definitely have the bro register because the ideas that went into this stampede deserve more credit. Also, just because it doesn't roll over, doesn't mean it's done. There has to be more plans for it, right? Sign him up!

RC Racer
    Revoman78, yeah sorry about that, I was rushed and didn't have time to explain each pic! I will post each step when I get the time

RC Racer
    First Step: Remove Esc and receiver box from mounting plate and place into battery tray by way of hot glue or Velcro. (Your personal choice)
    Second Step: Take off body posts from front mount. Use a double sides screw (no head on one side, just threads all the way) and screw half into body post and other half into where the esc mounting plate used to be.
    Third Step: After body posts were removed from front mount, use the two battery posts from the battery tray and place where existing body mounts were.
    Fourth Step: Buy plastic box from integy and place underneath truck in between the skid plates. Velcro straps come with this box and are perfect size because you need to wrap them around the chassis of the truck (over top of the esc and receiver box in their new location) The box is the perfect size because it is almost exactly to the specs of the battery tray minus the height, only the bottom of your battery and part of the side are covered, but that's all that matters because the top is protected by the underside of the chassis.
    Fifth Step: Buy bulldog body and cut holes for body posts.
    Sixth Step: have a rip roaring good time not flipping your stampede anymore!!!!

And I really wish my brother made his own account but he does not really have the time. He was just engaged and looking for work, I am a high school student so I took the liberty of doing him a favor in my spare time.

RC Champion
    That's actually been done quite a few times before just without the integy box. Moving the battery to the bottom of the chassis makes a big difference in the handling.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    Well darn, thought it could be all original! But it's whatever, all that matters to him and I is that it doesn't flip anymore, we run 3s in our cars so flipping on road and off road becomes very easy.

RC Champion
    I'd like to hear more about the wing mount, & also a pic with the battery pack installed.

I'm sure the truck doesn't flip, but it will be interesting to see how you guys decide to retune the suspension once you add some grippier tires. Btw, is it protrac'ed? It seems like all front offset's on it...

Thanks if you can come up with additional info and pics, later

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewright1096 View Post
    Well darn, thought it could be all original! But it's whatever, all that matters to him and I is that it doesn't flip anymore, we run 3s in our cars so flipping on road and off road becomes very easy.
    Very few people run their pede like that. So while its not original it is very rare. I feel it works best with an extended chassis. Those skid plate braces get in the way with modern battery packs.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

it looks great, but the way my truck takes an abuse, my battery would get jacccckkked up like that. My poor trucks....
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    it looks great, but the way my truck takes an abuse, my battery would get jacccckkked up like that. My poor trucks....
    that would be my concern, not sure how much abuse that battery holder would handle, might have to give it its own aluminum skid plate.
    The real downside I see to it is the lack of center clearance, one of the biggest reasons I want a stampede is the height. I know it makes it top heavy, but if I want low cog, I can bust out the rustler.
    don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing, it's a great mod, just wouldn't be the best for my personal use

I agree with you No Step. Dont think id hold well there. Me too though..

But O, ur Pede does look really nice. Really love ur Shapeshifter look. I think with different wheels and tires, id REALLY set it off! Match the body more. right now those wheels and tires lack traction, and they clash with the look ur going for.. I think.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    That is an awesome mod! I may have to incorporate that into my plans when I finally get around to my Stampede project.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    The wing mount is an 1/8 scale wing, maybe from an ofna or an hpi, my memory is really escaping me! And I agree with all of you on new tires making it look cool, he just got engaged so really no money to be spared for a while on his truck. Soon though! Anyways, the box can surely take a beating. He runs his truck harder than anyone I know. Donuts and big jumps, awkward landings and the battery box has held up meaning the battery itself is perfect! Also what someone said about the ground clearance I agree too, we mainly run on road or a baseball field near the house so grass and trail running aren't really done much

RC Racer
    HPI hellfire wing is what it is!! An no it is not protrac'd,