Thread: Got a QR-1...

RC Qualifier

Got a QR-1...

Hello all, I finally got my QR-1 after about a 6 week wait. I'm not new to helis, as I have over 20, 4 & 6CH helis up to 400 class size. As some of you were when this one was released, I was a little disappointed in its size, but got one anyway, I like it! I've gotten about 10 packs through it, including some non-Traxxas batteries. I have some Hyperion 240 mAh 25c batteries I wanted to try, and some 350mAh 25C "other" brands. I wanted to see if I could get some extra flight time with them, also, I attached a key ring camera with Velcro on the bottom. The cam only added about 16 grams to it, but shortened the flight time considerably. With the cam on, I get around 3 minutes, off 8-10 minutes depending on battery. I haven't gone to expert mode yet, but that's next, can't wait to flip it! Just a word to the wise, these are brushed motors, be sure to allow them to cool down between packs. It will lengthen the life of the motors! Good luck all!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I got it outside today in Expert mode, WHAT A BLAST!!! This thing flat out HAULS!!! I got some forward & reverse flips in, didn't do any rolls. The loss of altitude after a flip takes some getting used to, but overall, it's very easy to fly! I also like that you can change modes very easily mid flight. Other helis take a complete setup change. This QR-1 is a winner with me!

Cheers!
    AB

RC poster
    I flew in expert as soon as i got it out of the box lol. i had no problems though, I flipped it 2 times in a row!

RC Qualifier
    I keep mine in beginner mode for indoors, I use it to bug my dog! But outside, the gloves are off! It's a quick little bugger, and a blast to fly. I've done a couple of double flips too! (not on purpose!)

AB