RC poster

Balance charge eight 2S to 6S LiPo's simultaneously

I am looking for a charge that will plug into 120V AC (no additional power supply required). It needs to be able to support balance charging up to eight LiPo batteries simultaneously from 2S to 6S. Is there such a charger? All I have been able to find via Google is a couple chargers capable of handling 4 batteries at once, but it requires separate power supply and would require an excessive amount of additional wiring to support 8 batteries while maintaining a balanced charge.

thank you

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You would have to charge in series, which requires a slew of harnesses to support such a feat. Most of these harnesses are going to have to be made by you.
    Also, any charger that has the power supply built in is probably not going to be able to support what you want it to do.

Why are you against a separate power supply?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    It would be easier to transport if the charger had its own power supply. Thunder makes a charger capable of four batteries simultaneously, but requires an external power supply and does not come with 4 LiPo balance boards. If I must have an external power supply, fine. But are there any chargers that would accommodate 8 batteries at once?

Know that I plan on charging up to eight 2S LiPo batteries. They will be plugged in at different times and at different voltages.

Thank you

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    As far as I know, there are not any chargers that have ports for 8 batteries.
    Most 4 port chargers are limited in power... not sure of the Thunder unless you have a part number.

All 2S batteries should be charged at the same voltage... amperage can be different, but voltage should be the same.

I charge four 2200mAh 2S LiPo's and two 7600mAh 2S LiPo's at the same time with my charge system that consists of a power supply, iCharger 206B, and a ParaBoard. Due to the chargers 20 amps of charging might, I am able to safely go from LVC to full for all 6 batteries in less than an hour. I can charge all 6 batteries from storage to full in less than a half hour. I have about $175 in my system, but similar can be had for less due to costs coming down.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

no charger out there to charge 8 lipos at once or more less not have a seperate power supply. You would need a seperate supply and only be able to charge about 6 lipos only at once with the right charger though of course as Jimmie said like a Icharger 206B or higher. If you were to use a paraboard you would have to start all 6 lipos at the same time and be the same voltage to work correctly.
    DEU 8:18 ESV