RC Qualifier

137 MPH blowover vid

For those that enjoy carnage. GPS says 137 when it left the ground. As you can tell I still have a little bit of an aero problem. I think I might have it figured out but it's gonna take a little testing to be sure. Believe it or not, the car was still on the way up when it went off screen, went about chest high on me and I'm 6'4". Slid on it's roof about 400 feet.

If somebody knows how imbed in this site, be my guest. Watch in HD of course.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-07-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Qualifier
    Ever thought of taping the sides of the body to the chassis? It looks like is getting into the sides and inflating the body.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    I always tape them down. Roof lifts if you don't.

RC Racer
    Ouch !!! Do you think that once you hit that slight incline in the road the shocks loaded ?? When they unloaded maybe it threw the front end up off the road.

RC Qualifier
    That thing got some serious air! Did you pull the chute while it was flipping?
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    nice vid , maybe more weight up front , what gearing are u running 6s with >?
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    That thing got some serious air! Did you pull the chute while it was flipping?
    No, but a lot of the time it actually comes out when it flips automatically. This time contact with the road burned the line in two and it just fell off. The line is nylon and it can't tolerate any heat whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    nice vid , maybe more weight up front , what gearing are u running 6s with >?
    Already huge amounts of weight up front, believe it or not. The gearing is very unique, but the telemetry in the vid is actually pretty accurate for the motor speed. Tires are about 4.080 tall.

Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    Ouch !!! Do you think that once you hit that slight incline in the road the shocks loaded ?? When they unloaded maybe it threw the front end up off the road.
    Actually, the shocks never even move once it's at speed because they are extended due to the front end trying to lift. That's what I have to fix.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-07-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: merge, utilization of the multiple post quote would be useful

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    Already huge amounts of weight up front, believe it or not. The gearing is very unique, but the telemetry in the vid is actually pretty accurate for the motor speed. Tires are about 4.080 tall.
    ya the telemetry looks like its really working well considering it went from 17mph to 0mph to 156mph and never worked for anything in between. you claim telemetry works great... clearly from your video it doesnt. o ya gps sucks too according to your signature lol. you claimed that you were pushing 35,000-36,000 rpm in your other post a few weeks ago and clearly from this video it never went above 30,000rpm until your tires left the ground. then it spiked to 36,000 and your speed spiked another 35mph as well. why do all of your claims conflict one another?

For those that enjoy carnage. GPS says 137 when it left the ground. As you can tell I still have a little bit of an aero problem.
    you clearly spent a decent amount of time in youtube editor making your cheesy video and you did not even take 10 seconds to post up a screen shot of the gps reading? give us a break. anyone that has seen a RC car do over 120mph knows that they are a blur when they pass you by. your car is nowhere near 137mph in this video. i say 105mph at best if even that fast.

im going to get in touch with anthonyv and see if i can post up his 142-146mph videos that we took a few weeks ago. you literally cannot even see the car pass by because its going so fast. your car looks like a turtle compared to his. we had 5 people out there, 1 gps, and 2 radar confirmations for his speed along with 2-3 videos.

On a side note, I find Youtube a little bit baffling. I don't understand what drives video views. Some guy can wreck his stock XO-1 in a grocery store parking lot and get 150,000 views.....and then I can post in car video of a 123 mph car and 150 people might watch it. Wierd.
    sounds to me like someones just trying to get youtube views. you arent doing 137 and your telemetry clearly does not work. thanks for proving this to us with video confirmation. end of discussion.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
    ya the telemetry looks like its really working well considering it went from 17mph to 0mph to 156mph and never worked for anything in between. you claim telemetry works great... clearly from your video it doesnt. o ya gps sucks too according to your signature lol. you claimed that you were pushing 35,000-36,000 rpm in your other post a few weeks ago and clearly from this video it never went above 30,000rpm until your tires left the ground. then it spiked to 36,000 and your speed spiked another 35mph as well. why do all of your claims conflict one another?

you clearly spent a decent amount of time in youtube editor making your cheesy video and you did not even take 10 seconds to post up a screen shot of the gps reading? give us a break. anyone that has seen a RC car do over 120mph knows that they are a blur when they pass you by. your car is nowhere near 137mph in this video. i say 105mph at best if even that fast.

im going to get in touch with anthonyv and see if i can post up his 142-146mph videos that we took a few weeks ago. you literally cannot even see the car pass by because its going so fast. your car looks like a turtle compared to his. we had 5 people out there, 1 gps, and 2 radar confirmations for his speed along with 2-3 videos.

sounds to me like someones just trying to get youtube views. you arent doing 137 and your telemetry clearly does not work. thanks for proving this to us with video confirmation. end of discussion.
    So, first you guys say my telemetry is junk and gps is right.....and now that my gps says 137 you say it's not right either? I'm confused.

And as far as my teletry goes, it still works perfectly fine when in range. I'm geared differently then when we discussed this before. Obviously the rpm's spike when the car lifts off the ground. Before it does, the telemetry matches the gps pretty close.

Moderators...................PLEASE do NOT close this thread. I am more than capable of defending my self on this issue. A little debate never hurt anybody.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    The last rpm displayed before lift off was about 30,500. Do the math and that comes out to 141.2. Not too shabby considering the car was definitely getting light at that point.

RC Enthusiast
    So, first you guys say my telemetry is junk and gps is right.....and now that my gps says 137 you say it's not right either? I'm confused.

And as far as my teletry goes, it still works perfectly fine when in range. I'm geared differently then when we discussed this before. Obviously the rpm's spike when the car lifts off the ground. Before it does, the telemetry matches the gps pretty close.

Moderators...................PLEASE do NOT close this thread. I am more than capable of defending my self on this issue. A little debate never hurt anybody.
    you just dont get it do you? telemetry will work for as long a distance as the TX/RX signal is binded. ill spell it out for you... if your telemetry signal isnt picking up then your receiver will not be receiving signal from your transmitter. telemetry is junk and your video proved it. you know what also you didnt prove? you didnt prove anything in the video by showing the actual speed of your gps. you had 2 video cameras going and you just forgot to document that? give us a break. you are a bit slow so ill extrapolate - document meaning after the run you take your camera over to the car and take a video of the speed registered on the gps unit. do us a favor and in the beginning video document that the car is at 0mph as well. or grow big boy pants and buy a radar gun as well since you keep coming up with more excuses than obama.

your telemetry does not work properly end of story. telemetry vs gps shows a 15% difference that is not 'pretty close' in my opinion. and stop throwing gearing into the equation because we all get that. telemetry either works or it doesnt. and yours doesnt which is what everyone has told you since day one. we have all told you from day 1 that gps is accurate/precise. your the one who claimed it sucked. and now you post up a jpeg of a gps screen shot thats not even in your vehicle. ya that sure proved to us that you did 137 in that video lol. and it took you 26 minutes to take a picture of the gps screen shot once it was stopped? lol. and u were moving for 2.1 miles and actual running time was 8 minutes? you probably put your gps in a real car, turned it on, drove it on your little run way, then took a picture of it lol. again, you just dont get it. you didnt do 137 in that video. end of story.
    Last edited by Miles Long; 01-07-2013 at 11:20 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    The last rpm displayed before lift off was about 30,500. Do the math and that comes out to 141.2. Not too shabby considering the car was definitely getting light at that point.
    do the math? you really dont get it. i did the math and all of your claims do not add up. what happened to your 36000 rpms you claimed when gps only gave you 121mph on gps? remember the car sounded sooooooo much faster? then gps starts magically working and you drop 6000rpm peak and pick up almost 20mph. lol. you really do have a magical xo1.

edit
    i just did the math. you are officially doing 180mph. congratulations
    Last edited by Miles Long; 01-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.

RC Qualifier
    do the math? you really dont get it. what happened to your 36000 rpms you claimed when gps only gave you 121mph on gps? remember the car sounded so much faster? then gps starts magically working and you drop 6000rpm and pick up almost 20mph. lol. you really do have a magical xo1.

edit
    i just did the math. you are officially doing 180mph. congratulations
    Simple. Before I was geared 2.85. Now I'm geared 2.622

RC Qualifier
    you just dont get it do you? telemetry will work for as long a distance as the TX/RX signal is binded. ill spell it out for you... if your telemetry signal isnt picking up then your receiver will not be receiving signal from your transmitter. telemetry is junk and your video proved it..
    Well, you saw the video. If telemetry can not drop out independently, how did I keep controlling the car?

you know what also you didnt prove? you didnt prove anything in the video by showing the actual speed of your gps. you had 2 video cameras going and you just forgot to document that? give us a break. you are a bit slow so ill extrapolate - document meaning after the run you take your camera over to the car and take a video of the speed registered on the gps unit. do us a favor and in the beginning video document that the car is at 0mph as well. or grow big boy pants and buy a radar gun as well since you keep coming up with more excuses than obama..
    Well, sorry. I didn't realize I had to prove things to you. I thought people might take me at my word.

your telemetry does not work properly end of story. telemetry vs gps shows a 15% difference... that is not 'pretty close' in my opinion. and stop throwing gearing into the equation.
    Um.....that's how telemetry works. Gearing.

telemetry either works or it doesnt. and yours doesnt which is what everyone has told you since day one. we have all told you from day 1 that gps is accurate/precise. your the one who claimed it sucked. and now you post up a jpeg of a gps screen shot thats not even in your vehicle. ya that sure proved to us that you did 137 in that video lol. and it took you 26 minutes to take a picture of the gps screen shot once it was stopped? lol. again, you just dont get it.
    What do you mean it's not in the vehicle? You can see the front bulkhead right there? I took the picture about 15 minutes ago. Never bothered until now. But there it is.

RC Qualifier
    Another thing. I guess my car looks like a "turtle" to you. That's fine. But.....let's try and understand why this may be. The camera is perhaps a little misleading. It is placed quite a ways back and zoomed in. I am actually controlling the car from BETWEEN the car at lift off and the camera but you can't see me at all because the camera is zoomed in so far. This has the effect of making the car look a little slower than it is maybe. I don't know. Which method would have me use in the future? I got GPS and now that's no good either. What's next?

RC Qualifier
    Once again......mods please don't close this thread.

RC Enthusiast
    This has the effect of making the car look a little slower than it is maybe. I don't know. Which method would have me use in the future? I got GPS and now that's no good either. What's next?
    again, you just dont get it.

mods please dont lock this thread . he needs his video to get youtube hits lol.

Well, you saw the video. If telemetry can not drop out independently, how did I keep controlling the car?
    i just did the math. according to you that telemetry only works when its 'in range' why did it work at the start of your video then all of a sudden shut off? then it worked for 2 seconds at your claimed 137mph. according to math, 137mph is 200fps meaning your telemetry only works for a lousy 400ft. even math proves that you are an idiot. everything you post contradicts something that you posted prior.
    Last edited by Miles Long; 01-07-2013 at 12:15 PM.

RC Qualifier

i just did the math. according to you that telemetry only works when its 'in range' why did it work at the start of your video then all of a sudden shut off? .
    No idea. You tell me. I guess what you and AV and Q of C are saying is that I have "faked" this video. Like I'm the Steven Speilberg of RC. If that is the case, how did I do it?? CGI?? Special effects?

Do a little experiment for me. Take your XO-1 and slowly drive it away from you while watching the green car emblem on the right that indicates reception with the car. Before long it will turn red indicating that you no longer have telemetry. But guess what. You can still drive the car just fine. Why? I don't know. I'm an idiot remember.

RC Qualifier
    I guess what really has you guys so bent out of shape is the fact that I "claim" to have been 137 on only 6S. That's a tough pill to swallow I guess. Oh well.

RC Qualifier
    Two more things........the main reason that I put the telemetry in the video in the first place was to conceal my set up. The go-pro had gotten bumped earlier and it was pointed a little more downward than I normally have it, which reveals a little more than I care to. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have never put the telemetry in there.......but from now on, I'll make sure its there. Just because.

Next........you guys make a LOT of assumptions about my stuff. You have to remember, I don't come from an RC "background". Therefore maybe I don't look at things the same way rc people do. I tried to tell you people that my set up is completely alien to yours but you REFUSE to listen. I guess you'll just have to find out the hard way. I'll fix this aero problem. Just a matter of time. And then I'm turning the voltage up. What then?

RC Qualifier
    No idea. You tell me. I guess what you and AV and Q of C are saying is that I have "faked" this video.
    Stench... I have nothing to do with this thread. Keep my name out of it. Congrats on the "speed" and finally buying a GPS unit.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    Great video!
    PS, I believe you

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyV View Post
    Stench... I have nothing to do with this thread. Keep my name out of it. Congrats on the "speed" and finally buying a GPS unit.
    Yes you do. It's quite obvious from your pm's that you doubt what this car has done. Shall I post them?

RC Racer
    Miles Long seriously what have you contributed to this forum? 16 posts and absolutely nothing besides going around accusing Stench for lying? You must have been lied to a lot as a child or something bud, but don't go hating the world for what had happened to you in the past. Stench need not to prove anything to anyone, what he's sharing with us is all up to him.

Awesome flying vid Stench. All the car needs is some Red Bull; it'll give the car wings!!!

There's no doubt that you are defending yourself.

Once again......mods please don't close this thread.
    This plea more than once goes to prove that there are issues with the thread. "Please officer, don't write me a speeding ticket." "Please don't tow my car, I'll move it right now."

mods please dont lock this thread . he needs his video to get youtube hits lol.
    This does not do more than just provoke another. In addition, your other posts appear not to be on the productive side of this thread either.

These e-fights regarding the accuracy of telemetry and GPS is getting old quick. Not to mention the "I told you so" et al bickering. Take it to the PM's, emails, another forum or meet up and have your argument over a cup of coffee; not here. People are starting to complain and before members gather points--in some cases enough to be banned--this thread is done.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-07-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    The Super Derecho