RC Competitor

Alternative hubs

I've ordered a set of maximizer beadlocks and being black i'd like to match the hubs and nuts with them as opposed to the stock summit blue ones, can anyone tell me if any of these will fit as i'm not sure id the standard ones have any offset etc if not can anyone suggest any that would.

X2 CR 17mm Wheel Hub #X1-26 (RC-WillPower) JAMMIN HongNor HN OFNA X2CR 1/8 Buggy | eBay
    Ultra LX2 17mm WHEEL HEX HUBS & nuts, pins 30656 40550 (34308 OFNA Hong Nor | eBay
    NEW OFNA ULTRA LX2 Hex Hubs 17mm OLL23 | eBay

Best ones i have found for me, and they are direct replacement are the Ofna Tmaxx/Revo hubs. Part # 81175
    They provide a touch of extra width, only a couple MM so its barely noticeable. BUT they are also drilled progressively compared to the stock 17mm hexes and hug the stub axle a bit better (less wobble)

(RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor
    Shame they don't do them in black, how do the pins work? do they take place of the long threaded traxxas bolts? ie you put the pins in and close off the hole with the grub screws?

yep, only problem i have ever had was if you tighten the grub screw too far it can push the pin into the other end then it doesn't want to come out easily (nothing a 1.5mm driver from the other side doesn't fix, there is a hole on the back presumable for this reason) so i blue thread-lock the grub screw and just put it in flush with the hub.

I run a closed cap nut on the outside, you can get them in most colors. Then you don't see the blue. I run a Red kingheadz cap on my summit.

RC Competitor
    Good thinking cameron do you run the fine or coarse threaded ones?

I knew you would ask that... I think its coarse. Not 100% sure. Lemme dig up my old Amain order and see if i can confirm that.

That was easier than i thought it would be. I love that website lol

1 x KHZ-KP-349FN-RED King Headz 17mm Coarse Thread Flanged Closed End Wheel Nut (Red) (4)
    Last edited by Cameron; 01-08-2013 at 12:43 PM.

RC Competitor
    Thanks very much for that much appreciated I've just ordered http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...el-Nut-Black-4

RC Competitor
    Cameron my king headz nuts have arrived but they don't tighten up the wheel enough and they have a lot of wobble, do you use a washer or something?

Nope, mine lock down nice and tight.

The only difference i can see based on your posts in this thread are you bought the non flanged ones. I dont know if thats going to make a difference or not.

RC Competitor
    ahh i misread your post I thought you were running the king headz on stock hubs but you have the ofna ones 81175 right?

i wonder if these'll fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ofna-U...item4d08a6df1f
    Last edited by DayWalker; 01-24-2013 at 12:19 PM.

yes im running the Ofna hubs and KingHeadz Flanged nuts.
    The stock 17mm hub and the kingheadz dont work.

I dont think those will work. If you are looking for that style of hub you might have to do a Tekno upgrade to the 8mm stub axle.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-17mm-Adapters

these works great Plus added durability.

RC Competitor
    mmm I think i'll order the same ones as you lol, how do they fit on?

the ofna hubs? remove the stock Traxxas splined hubs and replace with the ofna hubs. drop the axle pin in and screw in the grub screw. Couldnt possibly be any easier.
    Use a bit of blue loktite on the grubs though and only screw em in flush. Do not bury the pin all the way in or it jams on the opposite side. (makes them a pain to get back out of you need to, not impossible but a pain)