Thread: os 18tm parts ?

RC Enthusiast

os 18tm parts ?

i am looking for some parts for my os18tm

i wish i could buy a new its a great motor

mine still has lots of life in it but the cooling head is in tuff shape and a couple of years ago i cut the pin off of the crank and only used it on the starter box

now i want to use a pull start again

any ideas were ti find parts or anyone have a old one kickin around i could use for parts ?

i would just by the os21tm but at 270 i dont really like the price

other idea is a new 3.3 it can be had for not much over $100 with a pull start on it

+ lol i got a picco .26 that i did a bunch of mods to its in great shape but same thing its been swaped over to starter box only

my rd logics starter box does not work any more is why i am not using it having a hard time finding parts for that to i am not shure if its the first one or the ll

anone use the ofna t start ?

RC Champion
    Discussion of support of aftermarket engines in not allowed on the Forum. However aftermarket engines options, how to install them, and general universal engine knowledge is.

The best place to find anything used R/C is ebay. People are always trying to sell motor for parts. Normally the crankshaft will outlast the piston and sleeve but you never know. Still it is best to buy replacement engine parts new and they are still widely available. Every week I do a search for a set of rare, discontinued and hard to find parts.

If you are wanting to go Big Block I would recommend getting a true BB not one of the mid block motors. You can pick up a conversion and from there have your choice motors. A sport BB can be had for for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of these direct fit mid blocks.

I run an OS 30VG in my T-maxx with Savage clutch assembly, 1M clutch bell, header, and roto start.
    Last edited by OCD RC; 01-06-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    The 21tm crank is the same as the Os18tm, thats why the 21 is starved for gas.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHKV4&P=Z
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

Quote Originally Posted by OCD RC View Post
    Discussion of support of aftermarket engines in not allowed on the Forum. However aftermarket engines options, how to install them, and general universal engine knowledge is.
    True. True.

You need to contact O.S. about your issues.
    The Super Derecho