RC Qualifier

Need help guys. What's the difference between...

I was looking at 3s lipo batteries for the pede.

I have one question:
    What's the difference between a 4000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPO Battery and a 6400mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPO Battery?

4000mAh vs 6400mAh. Does it mean the higher mAh, the more run time you have?

Feel free to post. Thanks in advance guys!

RC Qualifier
    You got it.

You got it indeed. Another thing is that the 6400 is able to deliver more current (160A instead of 100A for the 4000mAh).
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    I was looking at 3s lipo batteries for the pede.

I have one question:
    What's the difference between a 4000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPO Battery and a 6400mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPO Battery?

4000mAh vs 6400mAh. Does it mean the higher mAh, the more run time you have?

Feel free to post. Thanks in advance guys!
    Yes-BUT: The thing to remember is, if you run hard, you're going to get about 20 minutes out of the 3S 4000, and your motor, etc. is going to get rather warm and you'll need to stop and let things cool down. In the meantime, you're carrying that much more weight, which is going to slow you down. I have a 3S Lipo 4000 and a 2S 4000. The latter will go about 15 mins.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm going for the 4000mAh 11.1v 3S 25C lipo.

All I need now is a good charger. Looking at the Onyx 245 or Hyperion EOS 0720i NET3 AD.

RC Qualifier
    IMO 5000mah is the minimum battery you should be looking at. Stampede_fanatic, as brought up in another thread, the 245 doesn't have storage mode which is pretty pathetic considering the price. The AC680 should be on your short list.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    You got it indeed. Another thing is that the 6400 is able to deliver more current (160A instead of 100A for the 4000mAh).
    +1 The more current delivery available = the less the battery will have to work to provide the power = longer runtime, longer lipo lifespan. Also check the dimensions of the pack and compare them to the dimensions of the battery tray of the truck. The 4000 may just drop right in, but the 6400 will need the battery expansion kit. Best to always check the dimensions to make sure the pack isnt too wide or too long for your battery tray.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    IMO 5000mah is the minimum battery you should be looking at. Stampede_fanatic, as brought up in another thread, the 245 doesn't have storage mode which is pretty pathetic considering the price. The AC680 should be on your short list.
    Going to get this one:
    Passport UltraForce 200W AC/DC Charger (http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4105)

It has a 200W charge power up to 10 amps, and that's on internal power supply! No external power supply needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    +1 The more current delivery available = the less the battery will have to work to provide the power = longer runtime, longer lipo lifespan. Also check the dimensions of the pack and compare them to the dimensions of the battery tray of the truck. The 4000 may just drop right in, but the 6400 will need the battery expansion kit. Best to always check the dimensions to make sure the pack isnt too wide or too long for your battery tray.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Gotcha man! Thanks.

And yup the 6400mAh definitely needed the expansion pack, so I just settled with the 6400mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPO Battery.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm going for the 4000mAh 11.1v 3S 25C lipo.

All I need now is a good charger. Looking at the Onyx 245 or Hyperion EOS 0720i NET3 AD.
    I recommend the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus. Just balance charged my 3S 4000 which took 72 minutes at the recommended 4 amps. The charger can put out 6A if you're in a hurry, but it will shorten battery life if you make a practice of that.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    I recommend the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus. Just balance charged my 3S 4000 which took 72 minutes at the recommended 4 amps. The charger can put out 6A if you're in a hurry, but it will shorten battery life if you make a practice of that.
    72 mins to fully charge a 3s with 4000mAh is not bad at all!