RC Racer

venom 7.4 battery for stampede? C's?

Hi guys i have the traxxas 3s 6400mah 25c battery for my stampede, looking at getting anouther battery and the guy at the local hobby tells me they sell alot of the Venom 2s 7.4v 5000mah 60C battery. He said this would give me the same if not better bottom end then my 3s im running due to the high C rating;he said it would just result in a lower top end speed. Bottom line will this give me 'wheelie poping' power like the 3s and just not have the top end speed or will it be lower in overall performace compared to the 3s 6400mah 25c. And are venoms ok batteries?

thanks

Andrew

RC Qualifier
    What he said is correct. You will have more punch with a 60c battery than with 25c. You may want advice from others here as to whether 60c is too much for the Velineon system. The 2s will help keep your temps down while 3s batteries push the limits of the VXL 3s system. IMHO, Venom does make some decent LiPo batteries, I have 3 of them and have no problems.
    Last edited by 4-wheelin; 01-08-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-wheelin View Post
    What he said is correct. You will have more punch with a 60c battery than with 25c. You may want advice from others here as to whether 60c is too much for the Velineon system. The 2s will help keep your temps down while 3s batteries push the limits of the VXL 3s system. IMHO, Venom does make some decent LiPo batteries, I have 3 of them and have no problems.
    I have a Traxxas 2S and 3S Lipo, both are 4000 MaH 25C. I can do wheelies even on dirt with my 2.8 Trenchers or my bigger 3.2 tires, which will also pull a wheelie haulin butt down the straight when I nail it.
    I'm very pleased with them and get about 20 mins run time with the 3S. Probably about 12 on the 2S. IMO, having much more than that, it would get too hot to run any longer, even though I have a Traxxas ESC fan and twin Integy fans w/ heat sink on the motor. I've also got the 4 LED headlight bar as I run mostly at night. I'd just be carrying around more ballast if I put a bigger battery in, and I'd have to stop and let it cool down before it ran out. Usually run about 140 - 150 F.

RC Racer
    thanks guys, went their today it it was sold... anouther lhs has Onyx battery line, they seem cheaper but are they any good?

thanks
    Andrew