Thread: Just for kicks

RC Racer

Just for kicks

If you could (or already do) own any second rc, what would it be, and why? Lets stick to 4 tires, no planes/ helicopters/ boats, etc.

I do have two running R/C trucks. They are both Traxxas Slash 4x4's! I love these trucks ♡ I started out with a Tamiya TB-03, given to me by a neighbor. Then I had a TA-05, from there I got a 2wd Slash. When the 4x4 came out, I had to have one! January 2010 I got one rtr used for $150! Then February 2012 I bought an Ultimate for $50.00! I love my Slash 4x4's♥
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    I already have four and only want two more. I want to make the ultimate bashing pede and a Summit.

Sent from my iPad mini
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    I'm with traxxastuesday, I would be all over a summit. It's a pretty beastly truck.

RC Champion
    Have 5 ATM
    2 slash 4x4
    1 slash 2wd
    2 ERBE

Why? Because I can!
    Im thinking my next project is going to be a brushless Baja. Not that I mind the gassers but they do get loud and people do complain where I am.

RC Champion
    Just a slash 4x4 ultimate LCG, and a rustler vxl. Love 'em both!

RC Qualifier
    Slash 4x4 LCG roller, built for the track only.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    got 4 2 nitro revos one for bashing one for racing ..... love my nitro ...slash 4x4 just fun all around and a erevo for just beating the crap outa it i love them all .... its hard to say what u should get really tho depends what u wanna do with another truck bash race or both... id say try a nitro but not to many ppl will agree with me there being that it isnt as easy as brushless trucks but if u like to tinker and tune motors its fun and idk bout anyone els but nothin beats the smell and sound of a nitro

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I do have two running R/C trucks. They are both Traxxas Slash 4x4's! I love these trucks ♡ I started out with a Tamiya TB-03, given to me by a neighbor. Then I had a TA-05, from there I got a 2wd Slash. When the 4x4 came out, I had to have one! January 2010 I got one rtr used for $150! Then February 2012 I bought an Ultimate for $50.00! I love my Slash 4x4's♥
    Man, way to work it! I'm always watching Craigslist to see what pops up.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    I already have four and only want two more. I want to make the ultimate bashing pede and a Summit.

Sent from my iPad mini
    The summit is quite the machine. With a slash 4x4 and a summit you could drive wherever the heck you want! The youtubes of those things going through creek beds are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgold View Post
    Man, way to work it! I'm always watching Craigslist to see what pops up.
    Thank you! I am always after a great deal! I hate to pay full price for anything. At my lhs, I always get a discount. My wife was surprised the first time she saw the cashier say," I'm sorry, I forgot your discount. " I didn't even have a coupon
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I have 1x Pede Mamba Max and 1x vxl. 2x Vxl Rustlers, 1x 1/10 brushless Rally. 2x brushless Slash 4x4. 1x brushless slash 2x4. 1x 1/5 Baja 5b gas buggy. I just ordered a Tamiya Highlift scale truck.
    I need to sell some of these its getting crowded here.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by soltangris View Post
    I have 1x Pede Mamba Max and 1x vxl. 2x Vxl Rustlers, 1x 1/10 brushless Rally. 2x brushless Slash 4x4. 1x brushless slash 2x4. 1x 1/5 Baja 5b gas buggy. I just ordered a Tamiya Highlift scale truck.
    I need to sell some of these its getting crowded here.
    Man you have as many cars as my LHS! Lol

RC Champion
    Rustler with a castle 2400 and mmp. Slash 4x4 ultimate with a 2200 mamba monster. Tow best trucks you can own IMO.

(Sorry for the bad pic of the rustler)
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    It's important to have one in every category so you always have the right truck or car for your current mood. Hehe.
    I recently tossed a boat, micro heli and a micro quad rotor into the mix as well. Just so all surfaces are covered.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    Have a revo for bashing right now.
    Would love to buy a 4x4 slash to race. cant find anything good on the internet for cheep and dont really want to spend the $500 ish to get a new one =( maybe in the summer!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    Rustler with a castle 2400 and mmp. Slash 4x4 ultimate with a 2200 mamba monster. Tow best trucks you can own IMO.

(Sorry for the bad pic of the rustler)
    Very nicely done. What do you like about the rustler? I know nothing about them.

RC Qualifier
    I have two main vehicles - LCG Mamba Monster Slash 2wd, and a stock Spartan.
    Good nuf' for me.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I currently have a mamba 4Tec, mamba Slash 2x4, xl-5 Stampede, FLMed MMM E-Maxx, Slash 2x4 roller project, VXL Axial Wraith, XL-5 Axial SCX-10, Axial AX-10, micro heli, 2 Losi micro scalers, Losi micro-T, and an HPI Rush custom Nitro rail dragster. My next truck will be either a Summit or RC4WD Trailfinder 2. Or if a good deal on ebay pops up.....that's how I got my 4tec and Rush. Wasn't particularly looking for either, but got them from a guy on ebay as stock units for $90!! Both have had dramatic makeovers along with all my trucks. I have four projects going on right now. It never ends.......
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    My second car would be and already is a nitro Revo. I have two of them.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    Only two? I currently have 16 and 14 of those are from Traxxas. 4 Electric Rustlers, 1 XL5 Stampede, 1 Brushless Slash 2x4, 1 Slash 4x4, 1 E-Maxx, 1 Ken Block 1/16th Rally, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 Nitro Ruslter pro 15, 1 Jato 2.5r, 1 T-Maxx 2.5r heavily modified, 1 Revo 3.3
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jcjhl69 View Post
    Only two? I currently have 16 and 14 of those are from Traxxas. 4 Electric Rustlers, 1 XL5 Stampede, 1 Brushless Slash 2x4, 1 Slash 4x4, 1 E-Maxx, 1 Ken Block 1/16th Rally, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 Nitro Ruslter pro 15, 1 Jato 2.5r, 1 T-Maxx 2.5r heavily modified, 1 Revo 3.3
    You know, they make 12 step programs for that. And yeah... I am jabbing ya because I'm jealous.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There are about 15 "what do you have" threads. This one is supposed to be about what you would get next". Theres also a few threads about this as well... but less than the fleet threads.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I have 11 and only purchased new 4 of them....I built the rest. None of them are super special, I have too many to spend money on upgrades!

I think I want a stampede....they seem to be a good basher

RC Champion
    I have 7 at the moment.

What I really want to get next is possibly a Summit, always wanted one but I don't know how I would like the crawling, I am pretty sure knowing me I would be like " oh that was cool, for 2 minutes, now I need to sell this thing " LOL. I really do miss my EMBE though, just like a p4de but bigger.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    There are about 15 "what do you have" threads. This one is supposed to be about what you would get next". Theres also a few threads about this as well... but less than the fleet threads.
    Next for me is the new 1/10th Rally Forgot to answer the question in my post
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Qualifier
    My next one will prob be a ERBE or a EMBE. As I already have a slayer pro 3.3, a big block MERV, and my only nontraxxas a Wraith FOFF truck.

I have 8. But i want a 1/10 Rally too...
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Thanks for steering this thread back on track! It seems that many, myself included, are contemplating the Summit. A losi mini 8ight looks like it would be fun too. I could run that in my backyard.

RC Qualifier
    Yea the losi minis are pretty crazy I have one of the 1/24 sct and with a lipo they sure do zoom for their size. I did alot of on road driving with it and was pretty much going thro a set of tires every battery pack or two....lol

RC Champion
    Yup Summit, but like I said. Probably not my style, I like going fast

I have also wanted which I don't own (the boy has one). A 2wd P2de, always wanted one. Protrac kit, all STRC Green Parts, Digger body, castle 3800 with a MMP, 2.8 mashers or trenchers. This here is more likely to be my next purchase through tower, EZ Pay is just way to easy LOL.

Just trying to figure out of I am better going with a XL5/Monster Jam and parting out what I don't need want, or a VXL P2de and doing the same.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    traxxas xo-1, go big or go home
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Champion
    if traxxas would ever revamp the old electric 4-tec with brushless. that for sure will be my next rc. plz traxxas.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.